Reply To: Buck's Goal Furnace

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Buck's Goal Furnace Reply To: Buck's Goal Furnace

Rick Smith
Participant

Buck –

That’s a great system. There’s a lot of good stuff in there. Not that it matters much but I don’t use the spreadsheets for time blocking. I use them for productivity tracking. I developed them based on an email conversation Sean and I had back in March. I do use Google Calendar for scheduling appointments. What I don’t do a great job of is time blocking. I do have some repeating items in Google Calendar, items such as working on my IMB (I don’t call it that in Goog Cal but the concept is the same). I just don’t do as good as I should at keeping those appointments with myself.

I also have all of my “to-dos” in a system. I use Todoist (todoist.com). I like it because I can use GTD principles with it (though I’m not strict with that as I should be, either). I also like it because it looks and works exactly the same on all my devices. I’ve got all of my IMB projects and tasks in there as well as my personal tasks.

I feel like I have a lot of the puzzle pieces in place but I have this nagging feeling that I’m missing something and I don’t know what it is.

Rick

Share this article