Reply To: Rick's Accountability

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Rick's Accountability Reply To: Rick's Accountability

Rick Smith
Participant

I completed the remaining steps in the goal furnace so today I completed all 10 steps in the goal furnace. (I thought I’d get my blueprint done too but I think I’m done for the night. That’s a lot of work.)

So… without further ado here’s my goal furnace.

What’s your big goal?

Niche – 15 million people in the U.S. alone who are morbidly obese (100 pounds or more overweight).

Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal – Assist at least 1,000,000 people (approx. 7%) in the niche to remove from their lives forever at least 100 pounds per person for a total of 100 million pounds gone from the world. Sharon and I will complete this goal by July 1, 2026.

I’ll start by teaching 150,000 people (1% of the overall niche) how to release their excess weight and keep it off forever. My initial goal is to have 345 members paying $27 per month for access to my site yourpathtoweightloss.com. That will provide an income of $9,315 per month.

This site will begin with an initial 13 week membership program (actually 15 weeks including an introductory lesson and a bonus). I’m considering adding other content to make the site “sticky.” I’m also considering adding an “advanced” membership for an additional 13 weeks.

The membership site will be the beginning. I’ll eventually grow this site (or perhaps have another site) into a 1 million person big business portal site. The portal site will have tons of free content and be the hub for fitness information. The portal will also provide access to low cost information as well as home study courses, coaching programs, etc.

What would it mean for you to achieve your big goal?

The most obvious benefit to me and my family is the financial aspect. This would allow me to pay off some debts as well as have a more comfortable lifestyle. However, this goal goes much deeper for me. I’m 6 feet 4 inches tall. In January 2009, I weighed 333 pounds. So I was in that 100 pounds or more overweight niche. I know exactly how people in this niche feel.

Starting in January 2009 I began to take my health seriously. In 2 1/2 years I lost 117 pounds. Since that time I’ve continued to keep the weight off (though I gained back a little bit of the weight – and I’m working to release that weight again). I’ll be teaching people how to remove their excess weight and keep it off by doing what I did. I’ll literally be showing others how to save their own lives.

In addition to assisting others with saving their own lives, I’ll continue to save my own life. I want to be here for as long as I can for my wife, my children, and my grandchildren. By teaching these concepts to others I have to be a good role model.

Also, because I’ll be on my way to achieving financial freedom, I’ll also have time freedom. Sharon and I will be able to spend more time together and visit places we’ve wanted to visit for years.

What’s been holding you back from achieving your big goal? What are the three biggest things holding you back?

1. Lack of time (or improper scheduling or failure to prioritize). Sometimes life just gets in the way and I’m not able to devote the time I want to getting the site completed. I have a day job that consumes at least eight hours per day. I work out five to six times per week. (I go through tons of Sean’s audios during my workouts.<g>) The workouts don’t usually get in the way of my project work. I do the project work before I do my workouts and in the evenings.Still, the workouts consume 2 1/2 – 3 hours or so per week.

2. Fear of failure. Sean and I have discussed this before. Sean sent me an audio to listen to which I did. I have a task in my tracking system to start reviewing daily Sean’s scriptures on fear. Yet I still haven’t added this item to my daily activities. That said, daily reviewing my why, purpose, and passion mind maps have gone a long way to eliminate the fear so it’s not as big of an issue as it was.

3. Lack of energy. I most often work on my project work early in the morning. I typically get up between 5:30 am and 6:00 am. I work on my projects for an hour to two hours before I do my workouts. I have it on my schedule to work on my info products two nights per week plus time on Saturdays.

But I’m often tired when I get home at night after working a full day at the day job so I don’t have the energy (or don’t feel like I have the energy) to work on info products. This has been even more pronounced since havng my two surgeries in April.

Though my doctors have told me I’m doing very well, it’s been taking me longer than I expected to get my energy, strength, and stamina back to pre-surgery levels. Depending on the day I’m now at about 80% or so most days. But I still have days when I’m so wiped out at night that it’s about all I can do to lay on the couch.

How much longer are you willing to allow those things to hold you back?

NO LONGER! I’m so tired of spinning my wheels it’s not funny. On a scale of 1 – 10 I’m at about a 50 with respect to being ready to finally l earning the income I deserve and living the lifestyle I deserve.

Share this article