Reply To: Failure to Engage

by Buck McDaniel
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Failure to Engage Reply To: Failure to Engage

Buck McDaniel
Participant

Dave,
Let me interpret what you just said, “I have periods when I bust my ass so much and for so long that I get tired and lose focus.”

Been there, done that, still do, get the same burned-out feelings!

Recently in an email or webcast, Sean reminded me of what makes business successful – helping other people.

I put that together with what Zig Ziglar repeated so very often…

You can have anything in life you want …
if only you help enough other people get what they want.

As Sean says, the purpose of our business is to help others. So, what if we take time off from working our business and spend it helping others?

So, I bust ass for a while working on the technicals of my business. Then, I take a break and share with others. Sometimes, I feel a little guilty about taking time from my “productivity” to doing something that doesn’t make me money. But, I think about it and I realize that while being helpful, I am also refreshing my own energy and desire and encouraging myself to bust ass again.

I do have to make a point of blocking off time to work my business, though, and stay away from Facebook and here till I get something done, LOL.

Funny thing is, I think I would be more productive if I worked as hard as you think I do. LOL

Share this article