Reply To: Example of Discovering the "Thing" That Will Motivate YOU Day-in-Day-out

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Coaching With Sean Mize Example of Discovering the "Thing" That Will Motivate YOU Day-in-Day-out Reply To: Example of Discovering the "Thing" That Will Motivate YOU Day-in-Day-out

Rick Smith
Participant

Sean –

This is where I get bogged down. I review the following every morning; my big, hairy, audacious goal, my why and top 10 reasons, my purpose, and my passion. I’m excited to get started in the morning. I’m able to make *some* progress in the 90 – 120 minutes I have some mornings (not every morning due to schedule which I discussed before).

But by the time I get home in the evening (depending on when I get to work), I’m either too exhausted from everything I had to do at the day job or there’s other stuff that has to be dealt with. The exhaustion is getting better and last night I took about a 30 minute nap before I got started on testing sprinklers. Taking that nap helped immensely.

I may hafta do the same thing again tonight. But tonight, although I have work on the IMB on my calendar, that will most likely hafta change. I have numerous issues still to resolve before our lawn seed can be planted on the 30th. My wife and I talked this morning about pushing back the website completion date (yet again) and re-arranging the schedule (yet again) so I could get the sprinkler/lawn project out of the way. Something has to change.

Either I hafta push back the sprinkler/lawn project (yet again) or I hafta push back the website completion date (yet again). The simple fact of the matter is we’ll soon start running out of time to get the lawn in for this year. We have secondary (irrigation) water only until October 1st and we hafta water it enough until then to get it established. This doesn’t mean I can’t work at all on my big business goals. It just means those goals can’t be the main focus if we focus on the lawn project.

Share this article

Comments are closed.