Reply To: Rick's Accountability

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Rick's Accountability Reply To: Rick's Accountability

Rick Smith
Participant

Fitness Big Business Blueprint Document 1

Part 1 (So I understand your Dream Business)

1. What exactly is your Dream Business?

a. My niche is the 15 million people in the U.S. alone who are morbidly obese.

b. My Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal is to assist at least 1,000,000 people (approx. 7%) in the niche to remove from their lives forever at least 100 pounds per person for a total of 100 million pounds gone from the world. Sharon and I will complete this goal by July 1, 2026.

c. Therefore, my dream business is to create at least a million erson business to provide the life changes required in my niche.

2. Why do you believe you should create it?

a. I feel like I’m supposed to do this. I know there are many people in this niche who are in serious trouble in their lives. I want to change as many lives as possible by releasing this life saving information. I don’t know if I’d say I feel called by God to do this but I don’t feel far from that.

b. I have a unique perspective on weight loss because I’m part of the niche. Plus I’ve removed a considerable amount of weight from my own life. In January 2009 (when I began my own health journey) I weighed 333 pounds. In a little over 2 1/2 years I removed 117 pounds from my life.

I didn’t have weight loss surgery, or use supplements or go on some fad diet. I removed the weight by creating a proper mindset, eating properly, and sweating a lot (by working out). I continue to maintain my weight loss after 7 1/2 years. As of this morning I weighed 230 pounds which is still 103 pounds less than what I weighed when I began this journey in 2009.

3. How will your BIG IDEA change lives?

a. My big idea will change lives because I’ll taking a unique approach to the whole concept. I’ll approach the process from the aspect of first having a proper mindset before even thinking about any eating or workout plans. I’ll also have segments on purpose, passion, and proper goal setting.

4. How is it different (or similar) to other web businesses that do something similar?

a. There are tons of weight loss websites and programs but I don’t think anyone is teaching this exactly the same way I am. John Assaraf recently came out with a new program called “Winning the Weight Loss Game” but it’s not a membership site.

And I don’t believe he focuses on internal motivation the way I do. I took his level one free trial and was underwhelmed. Mark Victor Hansen’s wife has a site called skinnylife.com. From what I can tell, her site is promoting her book. I’ll have to spend more time reviewing her site.

b. My site will be similar in that it will be another site with a system for weight loss.

c. My site will be different in that no one (that I know of) will be teaching the concepts the way I teach them. To my knowledge, no one is teaching about internal motivation, purpose, passion, and goal setting the way they relate to weight loss.

5. What will be included in your BIG BUSINESS dream site?

a. Initially my site will consist only of a 13 week membership (15 week with intro and bonus lessons).
b. I’m also thinking of doing weekly teleseminars (as Sean teaches) and including those as well.
c. There will also be ungated content that will most likely be blog posts. I’m thinking about adding videos as well.
d. I’m also considering the idea of doing a podcast.
e. Eventually, there will be a portal site that will contain much more than the initial site. I’m planning to have home study courses of various types as well as at least one coaching program. I’m also considering including a high ticket contrast offer (as Sean teaches). I’m also considering implementing weight loss programs for subniches (entrepreneurs, busy moms, etc.)

6. Please tell me anything and everything else about what you dream about in your business.

a. I dream about my weight loss big business site being one component of my information publishing empire. I’ve thought and dreamed for many years about that empire.

b. The next component of my information publishing empire is to create a million person business/site in the area of marriage and family relationships.

c. The third component of my information publishing empire is a million person business/site in the more general self-improvement arena. (I realize the first two components fall under that umbrella.)

d. The fourth component of my information publishing empire is a million person business/site in the Internet marketing and coaching business. I have a lot of Sean’s PLR and it would be awesome for more people in the world to become familiar with his teachings.

e. I don’t yet know in what order I’m going to roll out these additional components. Because I have so much of Sean’s PLR the Internet marketing and coaching business will probably be next.

Part 2 (So I understand what your weaknesses are so we can work with/around them)

7. What challenges have you faced in the past in trying to implement your BIG DREAM?

a. Life. Sometimes life just gets in the way and I’m not able to devote the time I want to getting the site completed. I have a day job that consumes at least eight hours per day. I work out five to six times per week. (I go through tons of Sean’s audios during my workouts.<g>) The workouts don’t usually get in the way of my project work. I do the project work before I do my workouts.Still, the workouts consume 2 1/2 – 3 hours or so per week.

b. Fear of failure. Sean and I’ve discussed this before. Sean sent me an audio to listen to which I did. I have a task in my tracking system to start reviewing daily your scriptures on fear. Yet I still haven’t added this item to my daily activities. That said, daily reviewing of my BHAG, why, purpose, and passion mind maps have gone a long way to eliminate the fear so it’s not as big of an issue as it was.

c. Energy. I most often work on my project work early in the morning. I typically get up between 5:30 am and 6:00 am. I work on my projects for an hour to two hours before I do my workouts. I have on my schedule to work on my info products two nights per week plus time on Saturdays. But I’m often tired when I get home at night after working a full day at the day job so I don’t have the energy (or don’t feel like I have the energy) to work on info products. Adding to this is the fact that I’m recovering from the two surgeries I had in April. My strength and stamina are returning but I’m still not back to pre-surgery levels of strength and stamina.
8. If you have never started, why not? What held you back?
a. N/A
9. If you have started, but failed or stalled, what happened?
a. See answers to question #7.
b. BSO (bright shiny object) syndrome.
c. Technical issues have delayed me.
10. What do you see as your 3 biggest weaknesses?
a. Often, I can’t get out of my own way.
b. Self doubt. In other words, you’ve failed before. What’s to say you won’t fail again? So I guess that’s really fear of failure.
c. BSO syndrome.
11. How do those weaknesses stunt your growth?
a. By allowing self-limiting beliefs and BSO syndrome to control what I do instead of me controlling the situation, those weaknesses stunt my growth by allowing me to paralyze myself to the point of inaction or at least limited action.
12. Who desperately NEEDS what you are going to teach, share, or sell?
a. As I said earlier, according to the NIH 15 million people in the U.S. alone are 100 pounds or more overweight. My purpose is start by teaching 150,000 of them how to release their excess weight and keep it off forever.
13. Why do they need it from YOU and no one else?
a. Because I teach something that no one else teaches (at least not in the way I’ll teach it). I realized while listening earlier this year to Sean’s Time Management Supercharged audios that internal motivation is the key to weight loss. I’m sure I knew this before but I’d never put specific words to it before. I give specific examples of what I’m talking about in my lead magnet.
14. Is anyone else doing exactly the same thing?
a. Exactly the same thing? No. However, there are tons of weight loss websites and programs but I don’t think anyone is teaching this exactly the same way I am. John Assaraf recently came out with a new program called “Winning the Weight Loss Game” but it’s not a membership site.

And I don’t believe he focuses on internal motivation the way I do. I took his level one free trial and was underwhelmed. Mark Victor Hansen’s wife has a site called skinnylife.com. From what I can tell, her site is promoting her book. I’ll have to spend more time reviewing her site.

15. How is YOUR solution different or better than everyone else who teaches what you want to?

a. It’s different and better because I won’t focus only on the technical aspects of weight loss (the meal plans and workout plans) like most of them do. I’ll focus on the mind set aspects for several modules before I even get to the actual plans. (I’ve done preliminary planning about what I want to do for each module.)

16. How is YOUR solution going to change people’s lives?

a. My solution will change lives because I’ll teach them how to acquire the mind set foundation to releasing their excess weight and keeping it off forever. Secondly, once they have their minds right I’ll be providing the tools with which they can take action.

17. Is your solution simpler or more complex than the existing solutions?

a. Good question. I hadn’t really considered that. I honestly haven’t reviewed many of the existing solutions. I think on the whole it will be simpler than many of the existing solutions. I’m saying that because I’ll be presently the lessons in a very clear manner and I’ll keep the mumbo-jumbo out of it. I’ll present the lessons in a step by step codified manner.

18. Do you want to be the LEADER in your business concept, or just go along with everyone else and get by?

a. I want to be the LEADER.

19. Did you make MORE revenue last year online than the year before?

a. My online revenue was the same last year and the year before. Zero.

20. Are you already selling your solution in a smaller form, but you want to go big and viral now?

a. No. The only place my solution currently exists is in my head and on my 10×10 matrix.

21. If so, how many units do you sell each month, and at what price each?

a. N/A at this point.

22. Do you have an enthusiastic fan base to whom you can tell about your great idea? If so, what is that fan base, and how many are in it?

a. Not yet.

23. If you KNOW you can change lives, but haven’t been able to, what are the top 3 things that have stopped you from doing it?

a. Life. Sometimes life just gets in the way and I’m not able to devote the time I want to getting the site completed. I have a day job that consumes at least eight hours per day. I work out five to six times per week. (I go through tons of Sean’s audios during my workouts.<g>) The workouts don’t usually get in the way of my project work. I do the project work before I do my workouts.Still, the workouts consume 2 1/2 – 3 hours or so per week.

b. Fear of failure. Sean and I’ve discussed this before. Sean sent me an audio to listen to which I did. I have a task in my tracking system to start reviewing daily your scriptures on fear. Yet I still haven’t added this item to my daily activities. That said, daily reviewing of my BHAG, why, purpose, and passion mind maps have gone a long way to eliminate the fear so it’s not as big of an issue as it was.
c. Energy. I most often work on my project work early in the morning. I typically get up between 5:30 am and 6:00 am. I work on my projects for an hour to two hours before I do my workouts. I have on my schedule to work on my info products two nights per week plus time on Saturdays. But I’m often tired when I get home at night after working a full day at the day job so I don’t have the energy (or don’t feel like I have the energy) to work on info products. Adding to this is the fact that I’m recovering from the two surgeries I had in April. My strength and stamina are returning but I’m still not back to pre-surgery levels of strength and stamina.

d. All three of these items boil down to me. I’m the one that has been stopping me.

24. Do you want to follow a proven model, or do you want to re-invent the wheel?

a. I want to follow a proven model.

25. On a scale of 1-10, how bad do you want to change the world with your solution?

a. I’m now at a 12 or a 15.<g> I get stoked just answering these questions. I know I can change peoples lives if I can get my info products into their hands.

26. On a scale of 1-10, how bad to you want to make $100k this year with your solution?

a. I’m at a 12 or a 15 here as well.

27. How hard are you willing to work to make it happen?

a. I’m willing to do whatever it takes. I’m willing to put in the time once I get my sprinkler project off my plate.

28. What are you willing to drop or get rid of to make $100k this year changing the world with your solution?

a. Email. I have to make sure to work on changing lives before checking email. Some days I do good at that. Some days I don’t.

b. Some nights when I don’t feel like I have the energy to work on my info products I wind up watching TV. If I can keep up the energy levels I could certainly drop TV. For example, this morning I was awake by 4:30 am. I couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up. I was working on this blueprint before 5:30 am. Some nights I have the energy to do what I have scheduled. Some nights I don’t. I’ve found that taking a 20 – 30 minute nap can give me the energy I require.

29. What will be the 3 biggest things that would change in your life if you get this viral innovative business off the ground?

a. I’d have the freedom to work when I wanted. I wouldn’t be tied down to the 9 – 5 job.

b. I’d be able to buy another vehicle. This would provide some additional freedom.

c. My wife and I would be able to take some vacations that we want to take.

d. Bonus.<g> I’d have more time to serve more in my church.

It’s clear that the theme running through all of those items is freedom.

30. Final question (yahoo!!) – what is going to be the BEST PART about working with me on this?

a. Sean is one of the most enthusiastic people I know. He’s very passionate about what he does and it’s clear that he totally believes he can change lives through his solutions. Some of his passion transfers to me when I associate with him and I get energized about my solutions all over again. Another benefit that I get from working with Sean is the incredible clarity I get from answering his questions.

P.S. Have these questions already given you an amazing clarity??

a. The clarity I’ve gotten from creating this part of the blueprint has been incredible. I’ve been trying to come up with a way to reduce the six pages to a format suitable for posting on the wall in my office.

Share this article

Comments are closed.