Reply To: Buck's Goal Furnace

by Buck McDaniel
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Buck's Goal Furnace Reply To: Buck's Goal Furnace

Buck McDaniel
Participant

WOW, I can’t believe I have been gone a full month!

well, I did spend a couple of weeks where I just spent my time and money spending time with my daughter. It was really great and refreshing.

During that time, I got disorganized and lost my place, so I created a new task list and reorganized. I tried organizing everything in a spreadsheet, but that turned out to be a waste of time. I finally created a LiberOffice Writer document. By using titles and headers, I was able to automatically update my table of contents for a concise list of things to do with a link to the details. Now, I just have to copy and past sections to the top that are the highest priority.

By copying and pasting the table of contents to the first task “Today”, I have a prioritized list of what I need to do. I start at the top and cross out those tasks that were completed.

It gives me a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I don’t have to copy the list daily, just when I get enough accomplished to reorganize my priorities.

I also listed all my started projects. It’s quite a list and it keeps growing everyday as I discover something else. Each of these gets put at the bottom of the list. As I complete one project, I delete it and pick the next priority to put at the top. Experience has shown that I am really only working on the top three. Usually the top two, but sometimes the third as well. The rest just await their turns.

Everyday is a learning day. Some days I spend more time researching answers and some days are very productive.

I’ve had some accomplishments, too. I now have an automated project that is adding a name or two to my list daily. It’s small, but can be scaled up. So, something is working.

I created a challenge to myself to convert a PLR product into a freebie and post it on Warrior Plus in one single day. Well, it bombed! Even though W+ looks like everything is laid out in one page, it’s far from it! LOL

Not only that, but I discovered that they don’t let you post freebies in the marketplace and it can take up to 4 days to get approved or disapproved. They aren’t the fastest rabbits in the field.

So, I converted an entire Business-in-a-Box and posted it on W+. It took a total of 6 days, but I did get it all up there and it is driving traffic to my site. In the process, I created a check-list for each similar products.

I also added a few items to CuttingEdgePLR.com and created a checklist for adding them as well. These check lists, which show up under my “Today” task list, keep me focused on what I am doing and where I am, even when I am constantly being distracted.

My biggest weakness seems to be dealing with the daily emails. However, emails have surfaced to the top of my priority list, so that’s what I am working on now.

Again, it’s a learning curve dealing with GetResponse and figuring out how to use it efficiently. It sounds like a round-about way of doing things, but I learned that I can write my emails in LiberOffice Writer, (similar to MS Word) and copy the formatted text into the wysiwyg window in Kompozer. Then, take the source code and copy it into GetResponse HTML layout. The text layout is clean and formatted if I copy the Wysiwyg text from Kompozer.

It sounds like a lot of trouble, but since I am proficient with Writer, it is a lot faster and easier for me to do it that way.

Some days are slower than others, but I am still moving forward. One day at the time.

Share this article