Reply To: Rick's Accountability

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Rick's Accountability Reply To: Rick's Accountability

Rick Smith
Participant

Mark –

Thanks. I had another epiphany last night which I’ll talk about in a moment.

August 29th

1. Completed daily review.
2. Had an interesting email discussion with Sean about “the one thing.”
3. Made major progress on membership lesson #3. I finally started working smarter, not harder. I was struggling to fill in some of the topics. Then suddenly it hit me. “That’s why you have a 10×10 matrix for this main topic with numerous subtopics. Why don’t you use that???” Well, duh! After that, it became a fairly simple matter to copy and paste from the 10×10 matrix to the mind map. I finished a majority of the mind map last night (the 29th). I should finish the rest of it today (the 30th).
4. More reading in “The One Thing.” I had yet another epiphany, actually a couple.
a. There are multiple levels to the one thing.
1. There’s the big picture level – what’s my one thing?
2. Then there’s the small picture level – what’s my one thing right now?
b. But there are actually more levels than just the two levels.
1. There’s my BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal). That’s my overall one thing, my main purpose.
2. There’s my purpose statement (a level down from the BHAG). That’s one thing, my smaller purpose.
3. There’s my membership site (which is the implementation of the beginning of the purpose one level up).
4. There’s my next action on the website (my one thing right now – this is currently completing membership lesson #3).

And all of this led to a HUGE breakthrough today (the 30th) but I’ll have to share that breakthrough in my accountability post for the 30th. 🙂

Share this article