A question about Pricepoints?

by Carsten Hansen Hansen Tiensuu
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything A question about Pricepoints?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Price points are very much your choice and how you justify what you’re charging. Maybe using the Dan Kennedy style of comparing apples to oranges – he often charges the same for the DVDs of a conference as for attending the conference in person as you’re not travelling or paying hotel bills.

Build the value and deliver on it.

Dennis Becker started cheap and is still (I think) fairly cheap.

Sean’s are around $30 / month; Paul Nicholls has moved up to about the same price. I’m aiming for a similar monthly price.

Terry Dean charges (from memory) $67 /month for a reasonably short weekly insights video and access to a fairly sluggish forum.

Testing is the only real answer – and once you know the dropout time, consider sending an upgrade email at some stage in your sequence for a year’s worth of membership at a discount price that’s higher than you’d have got if they’d dropped out after X months.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

Some good ideas in there. I didn’t know Terry Dean was still around.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Sorry – got surname mixed up (should have checked) – Terry Kyle was the one I was thinking of.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

Ah. Don’t know that name. Thanks for clarifying.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

He owns a hosting company and forum called Trafic Planet.

Hi Trevor.

Thanks again for your insight. I appreciate it.

Carsten

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Trevor,

thanks for your help here!

I agree with Trevor – definitely personal preference and what you want to target

but keep an eye on LTV with $10 – $17 a month – I think that price converts well up front but if it’s not enough $$ for YOU to keep the membership current and create a community – then folks don’t stay long –

long term conversion might favor $30 – $40 a month

Sean

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.