Am I nuts?

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Am I nuts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Don Sturgill
    Participant

You guys have all heard me whine about “no time to do my own stuff.” I know Sean is sick of hearing it. You probably are too.

Here’s a confession: About a month ago, I took a part-time job at Home Depot. I figured getting away from my desk would help me catch a break from the grind and get on my feet some. I also figured it would FORCE me to get more focused with my work.

The opposite happened.

I was even more overloaded with information and concerns. I had to quit after two weeks. Hated to do it. I love Home Depot, but I had to.

So… my best thinking is liable to be a little bit out there. The good news is… lesson learned.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

No harm in attempting to shake things up. Not exactly the approach I would have taken. But… you made an attempt. It didn’t give you the results you’d hoped for but you made an attempt. So I’d say the next step is to figure out what’s next.

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Don,

Indeed, you tried something you say you love. Didn’t work. Try something different. Maybe go for a long walk and get on your feet out in nature. When you come back, you’ll probably feel refreshed. Maybe that will help you get more focused with your work? If so… repeat tomorrow!

blessings,
    Cynthia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.