Chris Collings — Accountability

by Christopher Collings
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Chris Collings — Accountability

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Collings 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

1) What exactly is your Dream Business?
    An information business that provides a residual income on a consistent basis, working towards $100,000 PA
    2) Why do you believe you should create it?
    There are people living in quiet desperation who would benefit from the courses or products I produce
    3) How will your BIG IDEA change lives?
    It will give people more time to spend with family and give them better time freedom
    4) How is it different (or similar) to other web businesses that do something similar?
    There are several businesses online that do similar, however mine will have a rare position in the market
    5) What will be included in your BIG BUSINESS dream site?
    3 Amazon guides
    A $27 membership
    A $100 video course
    One on One Mentorship
    6) Please tell me anything and everything else about what you dream about in your business
    Strong Social media presence
    I have to be worth $10,000 value to get that in income

Part 2 (So I understand what your weaknesses are so we can work with/around them):
    7) What challenges have you faced in the past in trying to implement your BIG DREAM?
    Getting time to work as family does not see working on a computer as productive
    8) If you have never started, why not? What held you back?
    I have started a couple of times and had some success.
    9) If you have started, but failed or stalled, what happened?
    Rules changed and income evaporated overnight. This makes me sceptical to build again
    10) What do you see as your 3 biggest weaknesses?
    I take on too much sometimes
    I sometimes (not always) wait for everything to be perfect
    I don’t always devote enough time to each task
    11) How do those weaknesses stunt your growth?
    They won’t if I acknowledge and address them

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Welcome to being accountable πŸ™‚

Sounds like you’ve already got a plan – Sean’s methods are as close to rule-proof as I’ve come across (and I’ve been on the web since 1995). Follow them, make sure you’ve got your own domain & hosting and keep at it.

Things do change over time but the basics haven’t really changed in tens or even hundreds of years. The web is basically an electronic form of mail order but with mainly “pull” (attract people to your site) rather than “push” (hit selected people’s mail box).

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Christopher,

Welcome to here! I’m following Sean’s methods and it’s helping me put things together slowly.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Rick Smith
    Participant

Chris –

The best things I’ve done this year for my productivity came about directly because of this website.

1. I was a member of Sean’s $5K membership last year. When Sean announced this site early this year I decided to switch over. I think that was in March of this year. But I really didn’t take seriously this site and all the training Sean has available here. In early June, I decided to get serious about the site and everything Sean has here. So I started working through the lessons.
    2. I started posting on my accountability thread in this forum pretty much every day. I might have missed a few days but I haven’t missed many days.
    3. Based on Sean’s recommendation (multiple times actually), I read bought the Kindle version of the book “The ONE Thing.” I read it twice this year. I actually started implementing some of the concepts after reading it the second. Now I decide what my one thing is each day, usually the night before. Then I work on that one thing each day. I don’t always get it completed but I work on it each day about 90% – 95% of the time.

Doing just those three things fairly consistently for the last six months has allowed me to accomplish more in that six month period than I completed in the past two (maybe three) years.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Chris –

I should have added a couple of other things.

1. Welcome! We’re glad you’re here. You’re off to a great start.
    2. Reading the accountability threads of the other regulars here (and occasionally posting on them) is a great way to get involved, learn, and get inspired.

Trevor,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’ve been online since 1995 too, it’s amazing how the internet has changed so much in that time.
    I’ve had a couple of times where I was making reasonable money then the rules change. Over the years I’ve made money from EBay, Google ad sense, Clickbank and other affiliate programs. For one reason or another rules have changed and profits have gone down overnight.

This time I’m concentrating on building a complete business, so when a change occurs it doesn’t effect my business as much. I’ve been advised to build a list for 15 years, this time I’m going to because that gives the stability. You’re right about the comparison to mail order.
    Looking forward to working with you over the next few years, really inspired by your accountability. Hopefully I can give back something here too.

Cynthia,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Nothing wrong with moving forward slowly as long as you continue to move forward. Looking forward to working with you too πŸ™‚

Rick,

Thank you for the friendly welcome. I’ve had a look through your accountability and found it really inspiring how consistent you have been over time. This business really is about consistency. I’ve got no doubt that the people how get the most value from this course will be the ones who tackle it on a daily basis.

Yes I’ve heard Sean mention ‘the one thing’ several times. After I get my main site up and running and get caught up with the course, I will make a point of buying & reading it. My main focus is Sean’s lessons until I’m getting some traction. Really looking forward to reading it after your recommendation though.

Thank you all again for your kind words, if I can help at all just let me know.

Chris

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

I know where you’re coming from in those kind of rule changes were a nasty shock to the wallet.

Google are fair weather friends – I got a physical Christmas present from them one year on AdSense and then the next year they decided they didn’t like my sites and closed the account. AdWords they allowed direct linking in the early days, now they don’t but they expect me to be able to change a site I don’t own to comply with rules that didn’t exist at the time they happily took the cash for the ads. But then their motto at the time (in NLP terms because we don’t easily process negatives) was “be evil” so I guess they were just doing what they said they’d do.

Platform changes for affiliate programs are a pain – I’ve no idea how many commissions I’ve lost due to them which is why I now tell my list to use something like Pretty Link Lite or WP Shorties so they can change existing links in one place.

Definitely build a list although keeping them interested over time can be interesting – I think we may be collectively getting the human attention span of goldfish at times. If you’re not already on Paul Myers TalkBiz list, he’s old school and apart from Sean one of the few emails I almost always read.

Wow Trevor,

Those changes are exactly the reasons why I have put off committing to the work I need to do.
    I have built up a decent adsense revenue only to have it disappear when the network closed. I was also doing very well finding good affiliate offers and advertising them via Google AdWords. Google decided a sales page a promoted implied a certain income when it clearly didn’t. Yet I was banned instantly despite a good track record. When I approached the affiliate to see if there was anything they could change, they weren’t really fussy.
    Ebay was a great second income until they banned digital sales and started telling vendors they could only charge so much for postage even though it didn’t cover costs. Oh and they only allowed you to give customers positive reviews.

Anyway that’s all provided plenty of great feedback for me. Now to commit to building my business on my own ground so I’m not at the mercy of larger corporations and their consistent rule changes πŸ™‚

I’ve now actively worked through sections 1 and 2. I enjoyed the meat and potatoes audio and will finish the core 4 training later today. I haven’t as yet outlined my specific core 4/5 but I am very close. I’m away for a drive so hopefully while I’m thinking I can nail down exactly what my core 4/5 should and will be.

It’s an exciting adventure, I should have the outline plans and daily schedule being implemented by the end of the week πŸ™‚

Oh and an addition I’m going to go through the 10×10 matrix training again later.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Chris –

You’re off to a great start. I’ve studied a number of “gurus” over the years. I’ve heard Dan Kennedy speak in person. Even met him back then (though I doubt seriously he’d remember it). But I’m following almost no one else now other than Sean. I still get Dan Kennedy’s (called GKIC these days) print newsletter. And I get Paul Myers email newsletter. Ive known Paul for many years. But my favorite is Sean Mize. I do follow some others here and there but not nearly as closely as I follow Sean.

Also, thanks for the nice compliment. Like I said before, it took me several months to get to this point. When I look at it on a daily basis it doesn’t seem like I’ve accomplished that much. But when I look back over the last (just over) six months, it’s rather amazing to see what I’ve completed. It’s just those consistent daily actions that Sean talks about. And now I’m close to launching my membership site. If you put in the consistent daily action you’ll get there, too. You’ve done it before so you know what it takes.

Yes Rick,

I find there is a subtle difference between the training here and training by other trainers. Most other trainers seem to focus on the technical aspects of doing a task or building a business, Sean is more concerned with the actual implementation.
    I have a strong background training in direct response and copywriting. This course will help me to implement and consolidate my plans.

P.S. Dan Kennedy training is great, I have training from a few big name direct response marketers. All solid stuff which is applicable to this business.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Chris –

Nice!

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Chris

I’m glad to see you are digging deep and setting a great, strong goal for next year!

Sean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.