CTA for Blog Articles

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything CTA for Blog Articles

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Don Sturgill 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Julia Stueber
    Participant

I like how you lead the reader from the blog content to the optim form – if you can do this with every blog post, sure, do it!

The one thing I don’t like is the font you use in the optin form, it is hardly readable. The rest of your site is so clean looking (which I really like), that the bright colors are enough to draw the attention to the form.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you, Julia. Changing that form is on my list of tasks. I’ll move it to the top 🙂

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

Don,

The post is great, and the optin form seems very natural at the bottom…”If you want more, click here.”

Mark

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I appreciate the feedback, folks.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Opt-in at the end of a post is (for me) a more natural place to put it than the in-your-face blogs that fill the whole screen with an opt-in form.

Not tried it personally but some people are suggesting that you offer extra content in exchange for the opt-in. Much like a squeeze page giveawy but closely related to the page content itself.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Don,

one more idea and that is that most of your lead gen is going to come from outside your site, not on your site – meaning you are going to send traffic from outside to your squeeze page –

but if you are sending your list traffic to your articles, you really don’t need an optin form at the bottom

I don’t.

Instead, the blog posts are initially for folks who are on your list, and you don’t want to keep having them giving the option of getting something free, everytime they read your posts

then they won’t buy from you

instead, I recommend doing 100% free training with no CTA (like you see me do)

and then 2-3x a week you can offer something to sell or join etc – like your membership and your onboarding training when you create it –

we have to be careful to separate free from paid and keep a solid line of distinction between the two

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

>instead, I recommend doing 100% free training with no CTA (like you see me do)
    >and then 2-3x a week you can offer something to sell or join etc – like your membership and your onboarding training when you create >it –

I really like this idea. You’ve just solidified another concept for me.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Ryan Lee does a great job of mixing it – her runs a daily content email with a CTA for his membership at the end of most emails, then a hard sales email maybe once a week.

Dan Kennedy uses great content to drive folks to sales messages.

But I personally find that pure content/training alternating with pure sales message does best for me.

Ryan Deiss does it differently.

Russell Brunson differently.

And I dont’ know how Matt Bacak gets away with selling in nearly every email!

The point to be gleaned here, I think, is that your list develops a rhythm and a pulse that is intricately related to you and how you relate to them.

You can train them to only buy free things, you can train them to buy at high prices, you can train them to want more, want more, want more, or you train them to do nothing.

And the same person may take action on one list, but not another.

And I believe a lot of that has to do with relationship that is built.

And the sequencing of behaviors that are asked for from the subscribers/buyers.

The way I do it is: advertise –> squeeze page –> daily training emails –> weekly sales campaigns

very little site involvement

heavy training in the emails themselves –

That works very, very well for me.

But when folks try to copy what they like about what I do, and marry it with what they see other people doing – without testing it or understanding why the parts fit together, sometimes they get into trouble.

For example, if all someone does is send subscribers to blog posts with freebies within, then when you ask them to buy . . they don’t.

Or if you find that content emails don’t sell (they don’t) so you stop sending them and instead only send sales emails – then readership dries up and sales resultantly go down.

All of that to say, there are many parts to the complete communication picture, and part of doing it right is understanding what and why you want someone to do as they go through your campaign, and strategically direct them in that direction.

Sean

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you all for your excellent suggestions and feedback.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.