March 6, 2017 at 7:58 pm #6497
I am really excited to be here. I started this year with the determination to at long last have my programme in place. I have bought training programmes from Sean in the past but have been held back because I didn’t do the only 3 things that matter – implementation, implementation and implementation. So when I got the invite to this 6 weeks extreme accountability programme the decision to join was a no-brainer.
I too live in “old England” in Greater London, to be less than precise (Surrey for the locals).
My purpose is to have a group coaching/membership program that brings in £5000 per month and is a combination of online coaching and in-person workshops.
Beginning with the end in mind, to achieve this I would need to do the following (in approximate reverse order):-
– Fairly detailed idea of the content of the first 3 sessions (I already have broad outline of the programme)
– Hold a webinar in which I add some value as well as pitch the benefits of joining the programme
– Create a squeeze page for the webinar
– Create blog posts that drive traffic to to the webinar’s squeeze page
– Create Facebook ads that drive traffic to the webinar’s squeeze page
– Blog on the LinkedIn to create traffic to drive to the webinar’s squeeze page
– Create webinar
– Find a co-pilot(s) to help with the LinkedIn group’s management (from within the LI group)
– Re-activate LinkedIn group to create interest in the blogs that I do on the LI platform
– Populate Facebook page
– (Populate Twitter account)
– Decide on webinar topic
– Purchase webinar platform
– Decide on webinar platform
– Road test coaching model with some guinea pigs
– Email existing list with blog posts
– Populate LinkedIn page
– Create email series for new list people
– Create squeeze page for the bait
– Update the lead bait for creating sub-list of people likely to be interested in the coaching programme
– Create strategy for developing sub list of people (from house list) that might be interested in the coaching – programme
– Populate blog pages on website with blogs
– Contact Wix regarding problem with website
– Create mobile friendly Constant Contact newsletter for purposes of emailing blog posts to house list
– Create bank of blogs by writing 2 a day
– (Logo problem sorted)
– Create LinkedIn page
– Create Facebook page
– (Get education on Twitter marketing)
– (Purchase and learn how to integrate job site)
– Get an education on Facebook marketing
– Have my domain name pointing to my website
– Publish website
– Decide on price point
– Create Excel version of coaching model – so each joining member can have their own report
The items in brackets are not absolutely necessary but nice to have.
Since our last session I have done the following:-
– Clarified nature of coaching / programme in my own head
– Published Wix website
– Pointed domain at Wix site
– Contacted Wix and made relevant changes to site
– Created facebook, linkedIn and twitter pages for the new brand
– Started on FB / Social media marketing education
– Found the blog schedule outline I previously created
– Found outline of syllabus I previously created
– Updated LinkedIn profile with the coaching brand
– Purchased job microsite and had tech-support do the prelim work
link to work – http://www.careermetrics.co.uk
FootNote – this is a work in progress and some of the text is still “filler text” especially the blog.March 6, 2017 at 8:05 pm #6499Robert MasonParticipant
Hi De James, pleased to meet you. Golly, you have a great task list – just want to wish you all the best with that – you have certainly broken it down to a detailed level. I look forward to seeing your success.March 6, 2017 at 8:13 pm #6501
Thank you for the best wishes – I had previously mind-mapped it but couldn’t see how to upload that.March 7, 2017 at 10:50 pm #6551Shelia SolomonParticipant
I’m excited to see your work and progress. BTW, when I clicked your link I got a Wix site not connected page. If you need help with DNS, let me know.March 8, 2017 at 12:45 am #6553
Thanks for the offer – I might take you up on it if it falls down again, which it might when try I attach my other domains. For now it appears to be up and running again.
Basically I want to have all my domain names – .org, .co.uk and .net to all point at the same web pages, which are presently over at Wix.com. My domain names are all at 123Reg.com, so yes I might well need help in achieving that. ThanksMarch 8, 2017 at 8:38 am #6559Robert MasonParticipant
Hi De James
I also use 123Reg – also in the UK – and I shall also be pleased to help you.March 8, 2017 at 2:33 pm #6560
Hi Sheila and Rob,
Thanks for the kind offers – I have now managed to get all domain names to point to my web pages.
It seems like I’m not such a technophobe afterall
I haven’t a clue why it works – just followed the instructions from Wix.
I’d recommend them if you want a simple professional website and don’t want to get down and dirty with WP. They are very much WYSIWYG.
It is limiting though, I must warn. Eg. I am not sure if I can use their Forum app for my membership site or not. Hoping so!March 8, 2017 at 2:48 pm #6561
Accountability Reporting 7th / 8th
– got all domain names to work
– spent an hour yesterday and today doing background reading for a topic which I’m hoping will lead to 3-4 blog posts for my niche
– did more FB / TW learning – fast coming to the conclusion that the underlying technique of them all is bloggingMarch 9, 2017 at 1:19 am #6571Julia RotgersParticipant
Hi, So good to see you here! Good to meet you.
How’s your progress on your list?
What are you working on first?March 18, 2017 at 1:53 am #6672
I didn’t notice this reply, sorry I was not ignoring you. And thanks for asking.
I have spent the last week through to Thursday working on my blog. I had to do some background reading to catch up and I then created 3 blog posts which I posted to my website. I also re-did a bit of the website.
I have also been using “dead time” to listen to a whole load of podcasts and Udemy training courses on social media marketing and FB advertising
I have also added some content and images to my LI page
Added images to my FB page
Since the session on Weds, I have been working on my lead magnet which I will post over the weekend for any comments
Next, I have to create the squeeze page – I think Sean is right; makes sense to build it on one’s own site rather than pay a subscription
DeMarch 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm #6682
Hi – just managed to get back into this site – was having logging-on problems – don’t ask – sorted just now.
I thought I’d do an infographic for my lead magnet – I read somewhere people like simple things – now that I’ve done I am not sure that it will work. It is only a rough draft – I intend to get someone on Fiverr dot com to design it properly. I would really value the comments of anyone who has the time to take a look. Don’t hold back – I’m open to your honest opinions. Just so that you know I’ll get them to produce it for A3 so it won’t be so small.
Here ls the link, the password is the name of our leader “mize”
You can download the pdf to see it better
I’ve been having a go at the squeeze page as well, but haven’t quite managed to integrate it with Constant Contact
The link to the squeeze page as it stands is
Thanks in advance
DeMarch 20, 2017 at 4:41 pm #6688Sean MizeKeymaster
I like your squeeze page!
I would suggest including the optin form on that page, rather than a 2nd page from the download link
Also I would suggest a few bullets expressing more about what they will learn in the infographic
SeanMarch 20, 2017 at 5:45 pm #6689
Thanks for the guidance. I did have a few bullet points in an original version of the page but deleted them because I figured I would have a sales letter that would go out in an email that would link to the opt-in page. But you are right I should put some bullets on the website as well. I got the idea of a two page opt-in from a Lead pages webinar in which they claimed they had data showing more opt-ins that way. It might be true on their site because their “second page” is a form only, whereas I couldn’t achieve that on my own site.
Sean, did you have any comments on the infographic itself?
DeMarch 21, 2017 at 12:44 am #6690
I have updated my optin page to include bullets
I have removed the second optin page
I have updated the infographic so it fits better with the bulletsMarch 22, 2017 at 7:59 pm #6704
Sorry I missed the call today; I have just finished listening to the recording.
I just heard back from my infographic designer on fiverr.com and they are trying to nearly double the advertised price (to $200) and double the delivery time to 6 days so I am looking for another one for a second quote. It shouldn’t be called fiverr.com anymore but that’s another story.
Anyway my goals for this week are:
– finanalise the infographic
– Integrate and therefore automate all other moving parts of my lead magnet, opt-in page and freebie delivery
– write the credibility email campaign and set up in Wix’s auto responder. I’ll definitely be reviewing Sean’s email teaching for that
– Write back to the 20 people on LinkedIn who congratulated me on my new job (When I added my coaching brand to my profile – LI broadcasted my network that I had a new job:). Had I Known it was going to do that I would have been better prepared.)
– Reactivate my LI group
– Write at least 3 blog posts
See you on the next call.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.