De James

by De JAMES
in
Comments are off for this post.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  William Twiner 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Robert Mason
    Participant

Hi De James, pleased to meet you. Golly, you have a great task list – just want to wish you all the best with that – you have certainly broken it down to a detailed level. I look forward to seeing your success.

De JAMES
    Participant

Thank you for the best wishes – I had previously mind-mapped it but couldn’t see how to upload that.

Shelia Solomon
    Participant

Hi De!

I’m excited to see your work and progress. BTW, when I clicked your link I got a Wix site not connected page. If you need help with DNS, let me know.

De JAMES
    Participant

Hi Shelia

Thanks for the offer – I might take you up on it if it falls down again, which it might when try I attach my other domains. For now it appears to be up and running again.

Basically I want to have all my domain names – .org, .co.uk and .net to all point at the same web pages, which are presently over at Wix.com. My domain names are all at 123Reg.com, so yes I might well need help in achieving that. Thanks

Robert Mason
    Participant

Hi De James

I also use 123Reg – also in the UK – and I shall also be pleased to help you.

De JAMES
    Participant

Hi Sheila and Rob,

Thanks for the kind offers – I have now managed to get all domain names to point to my web pages.
    It seems like I’m not such a technophobe afterall

I haven’t a clue why it works – just followed the instructions from Wix.

I’d recommend them if you want a simple professional website and don’t want to get down and dirty with WP. They are very much WYSIWYG.

It is limiting though, I must warn. Eg. I am not sure if I can use their Forum app for my membership site or not. Hoping so!

De JAMES
    Participant

Accountability Reporting 7th / 8th

– got all domain names to work
    – spent an hour yesterday and today doing background reading for a topic which I’m hoping will lead to 3-4 blog posts for my niche
    – did more FB / TW learning – fast coming to the conclusion that the underlying technique of them all is blogging

Julia Rotgers
    Participant

Hi, So good to see you here! Good to meet you.

How’s your progress on your list?
    What are you working on first?

De JAMES
    Participant

Hi Julia

I didn’t notice this reply, sorry I was not ignoring you. And thanks for asking.

I have spent the last week through to Thursday working on my blog. I had to do some background reading to catch up and I then created 3 blog posts which I posted to my website. I also re-did a bit of the website.

I have also been using “dead time” to listen to a whole load of podcasts and Udemy training courses on social media marketing and FB advertising

I have also added some content and images to my LI page

Added images to my FB page

Since the session on Weds, I have been working on my lead magnet which I will post over the weekend for any comments

Next, I have to create the squeeze page – I think Sean is right; makes sense to build it on one’s own site rather than pay a subscription

Regards
    De

De JAMES
    Participant

Hi – just managed to get back into this site – was having logging-on problems – don’t ask – sorted just now.

I thought I’d do an infographic for my lead magnet – I read somewhere people like simple things – now that I’ve done I am not sure that it will work. It is only a rough draft – I intend to get someone on Fiverr dot com to design it properly. I would really value the comments of anyone who has the time to take a look. Don’t hold back – I’m open to your honest opinions. Just so that you know I’ll get them to produce it for A3 so it won’t be so small.

Here ls the link, the password is the name of our leader “mize”
    http://www.careermetrics.co.uk/accountability
    You can download the pdf to see it better

I’ve been having a go at the squeeze page as well, but haven’t quite managed to integrate it with Constant Contact
    The link to the squeeze page as it stands is
    http://www.careermetrics.co.uk/infographic

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    De

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Dellistina

I like your squeeze page!

I would suggest including the optin form on that page, rather than a 2nd page from the download link

Also I would suggest a few bullets expressing more about what they will learn in the infographic

Sean

De JAMES
    Participant

Hi Sean

Thanks for the guidance. I did have a few bullet points in an original version of the page but deleted them because I figured I would have a sales letter that would go out in an email that would link to the opt-in page. But you are right I should put some bullets on the website as well. I got the idea of a two page opt-in from a Lead pages webinar in which they claimed they had data showing more opt-ins that way. It might be true on their site because their “second page” is a form only, whereas I couldn’t achieve that on my own site.

Sean, did you have any comments on the infographic itself?

Thanks
    De

De JAMES
    Participant

I have updated my optin page to include bullets
    I have removed the second optin page
    I have updated the infographic so it fits better with the bullets

De JAMES
    Participant

Hello all

Sorry I missed the call today; I have just finished listening to the recording.

I just heard back from my infographic designer on fiverr.com and they are trying to nearly double the advertised price (to $200) and double the delivery time to 6 days so I am looking for another one for a second quote. It shouldn’t be called fiverr.com anymore but that’s another story.

Anyway my goals for this week are:
    – finanalise the infographic
    – Integrate and therefore automate all other moving parts of my lead magnet, opt-in page and freebie delivery
    – write the credibility email campaign and set up in Wix’s auto responder. I’ll definitely be reviewing Sean’s email teaching for that
    – Write back to the 20 people on LinkedIn who congratulated me on my new job (When I added my coaching brand to my profile – LI broadcasted my network that I had a new job:). Had I Known it was going to do that I would have been better prepared.)
    – Reactivate my LI group
    – Write at least 3 blog posts

See you on the next call.

William Twiner
    Participant

Awesome stuff!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.