Do you write captivating emails?

by Buck McDaniel
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Do you write captivating emails?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sharon Bechtold
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this.

I’m obsessing right now over sending my list one email per day. I’m afraid they will think I’m a pest, even though I’m sending awesome content in each one. Not even selling anything yet!

Reading this is encouraging – thanks for posting 🙂

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Sharon,

You have a most interesting niche I’d never heard of before. I see you have three members, are they burn students? If they are, maybe you could share a hint or two about burning. But ask them questions. Ask them why they joined your newsletter and what they hope to get out of it.

Keep answering their questions and you’ll keep them coming back.

Mark Wilson
    Participant

Hi Sharon,
    I email my list every day and an average of less than 1% unsubscribe.
    Even yesterday, when I sent what I thought was my best ever motivation/teaching email I got a couple of unsubscribers.
    I think that we are trying to do exactly what you are doing – sending out awesome content – it is not possible for it to connect or resonate with 100% of the people on your list.
    The upside of unsubscribers is that you are left with more of the people who ‘get’ you and look forward to your emails.

Mark Wilson
    Participant

Buck,

What was the subject line on that email from Arun?
    I’m curious because I’m always trying to write unusual or clever subject lines to help with open rates – there’s a lot of noise to cut through in InboxLand 😉

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

@Mark “I’d Like You To Meet Karianne Gagnon…”

I guess I should have included it, but that’s not what caught my attention, The from name “Arun”. I always read his email.

Believe it or not, I scan the from addresses before I look at the subject. I read my “specials” first, then I scan the subjects and delete the ones I don’t intend to read. (It’s the majority of the emails that I don’t read.)

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

another thought: when folks unsubscribe, they are simply indicating they are not really interested in what you have to say. It’s like when you invite 100 people to your house and only 15 show up – that’s ok, they are the ones who really want to spend time with you.

SEan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.