Don Sturgill – Accountability

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Don Sturgill – Accountability

This topic contains 258 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Don Sturgill 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 258 total)
  • Author

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

Good to see you here. IIRC, you were in YFM. You and I had some discussions over there.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Rick, I’m not sure what IIRC and YFM are. Could be the wrong guy. Unravel the acronyms for me.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

IIRC = “if I recall correctly.” I have a tendency to use mobile shorthand and assume that everyone knows what they mean. I probably shouldn’t do that.

YFM = “Your First Membership,” another one of Sean’s membership sites.

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Welcome!

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you, Cynthia.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

June 24, 2016 – Okay… looks like the way to do this is to stick with one thread. If that’s not the way, someone let me know.

Here’s my Goal Furnace work:

I want to develop my writing, speaking, teaching business to an income of at least $15K per month. I seek Freedom. I want to help others, but I don’t want to have to work for them. The achievement of that goal will take the pressure off and give me the space and ability to serve others rather than resent them.

Here are the top three things that have been holding me back from accomplishment thus far:

• The idea that a Christian man should “seek first the Kingdom” and not worry about money
    • Drifting from idea to idea like a kid in a candy store: Lack of long-term, continued focus
    • Failing to develop a concrete daily plan and stick with it — getting distracted by the zillion fly-bys

Today, I get out of the rut and strike off on a new path. I’m not willing to give one more hour over to mediocrity.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Good to see you again, Rick.

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Don,

Now you’re really started! Congratulations.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you, Cynthia!!!

Don Sturgill
    Participant

June 25: I finished section one of the blueprint questions today. The answers could have been more in-depth, perhaps. I started out still on the fence about my chosen niche. I’m still afraid to commit, but here’s where I am:

1) What exactly is your Dream Business?
    Writing, speaking, and teaching on topics that matter.
    2) Why do you believe you should create it?
    Everyone needs something of value to do and be.
    3) How will your BIG IDEA change lives?
    By helping people drop the hype and get back to basics.
    4) How is it different (or similar) to other web businesses that do something similar?
    Focus on the boomer generation and the things that matter most
    5) What will be included in your BIG BUSINESS dream site?
    Sections on Health, Wealth, and Wisdom
    6) Please tell me anything and everything else about what you dream about in your business
    I’d like to grow it to be my main business — allowing me to work with others, but not for them.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

June 26, 2016: I finished Part 2 of the Blueprint Questions this morning:

Part 1 (So I understand your Dream Business):
    1) What exactly is your Dream Business?
    > Writing, speaking, and teaching on topics that matter.
    2) Why do you believe you should create it?
    > Everyone needs something of value to do and be.
    3) How will your BIG IDEA change lives?
    > By helping people drop the hype and get back to basics.
    4) How is it different (or similar) to other web businesses that do something similar?
    > Focus on the boomer generation and reality
    5) What will be included in your BIG BUSINESS dream site?
    > Sections on the basics of life: health, wealth, and wisdom.
    6) Please tell me anything and everything else about what you dream about in your business
    > I’d like to grow it to be my main business — allowing me to work with others, but not for them.

Part 2 (So I understand what your weaknesses are so we can work with/around them):
    7) What challenges have you faced in the past in trying to implement your BIG DREAM?
    • There’s never enough time to focus on my work. I pay the bills by working for others.
    • I can’t stay focused on a niche or plan. I always come up with something “better.”
    • I’m optimistic to a fault. I begin by seeing nothing but possibilities, and finish by seeing nothing but obstacles.
    8) If you have never started, why not? What held you back?
    > I’ve begun a zillion times.
    9) If you have started, but failed or stalled, what happened?
    > I lose focus and get distracted by another idea.
    10) What do you see as your 3 biggest weaknesses?
    • Lack of continuing on a path. I’m constantly turning back or changing course.
    • It’s difficult to work with others. I expect too much and end up doing it all myself.
    • I don’t manage money or time well. I get off track easily.
    11) How do those weaknesses stunt your growth?
    > Here’s how to go nowhere: never decide, don’t trust anyone, and fail to stick to a plan

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I finished the blueprint today:

Part 3: (So we can begin designing your business fast!):
    12) Who desperately NEEDS what you are going to teach, share, or sell?
    Ø Folks facing hard choices and big changes
    13) Why do they need it from YOU and no one else?
    Ø I’m writing from experience, not theory.
    14) Is anyone else doing exactly the same thing?
    Ø Not that I can find.
    15) How is YOUR solution different or better than everyone else who teaches what you want to?
    Ø My message will cover the big 3 (health, wealth, wisdom)
    16) How is YOUR solution going to change people’s lives?
    Ø By providing knowledge, opportunities, and insight
    17) Is your solution simpler or more complex than the existing solutions?
    Ø Simpler in delivery, but deeper in reach
    18) Do you want to be the LEADER in your business concept, or just go along with everyone else and get by?
    Ø LEAD
    19) Did you make MORE revenue last year online than the year before?
    Ø Yes
    20) Are you already selling your solution in a smaller form, but you want to go big and viral now?
    Ø Part of it. I’m working on the wealth part, helping folks grow their businesses
    21) If so, how many units do you sell each month, and at what price each?
    (N/A)
    22) Do you have an enthusiastic fan base to whom you can tell about your great idea? If so, what is that fan base, and how many are in it?
    Ø Not yet. I do have a mailing list, but not for this project
    23) If you KNOW you can change lives, but haven’t been able to, what are the top 3 things that have stopped you from doing it?
    Ø Indecisiveness
    Ø Caught up in working to pay the bills
    Ø Lack of self-confidence
    24) Do you want to follow a proven model, or do you want to re-invent the wheel?
    Ø Proven
    25) On a scale of 1-10, how bad do you want to change the world with your solution?
    Ø 10
    26) On a scale of 1-10, how bad to you want to make $100k this year with your solution?
    Ø 10
    27) How hard are you willing to work to make it happen?
    Ø Day and night
    28) What are you willing to drop or get rid of to make $100k this year changing the world with your solution?
    Ø Trying to do the things others can do for themselves. Trying to take care of everyone else’s needs and let my own smolder in smoke.
    29) What will be the 3 biggest things that would change in your life if you get this viral innovative business off the ground?
    Ø Better health
    Ø Less stress
    Ø More freedom
    30) Final question (yahoo!!) – what is going to be the BEST PART about working with me on this?
    Ø Accountability

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

Good to “see” you again, too. 🙂 Nice work on the goal furnace and blueprint. It’s nice to have another member at about the same point in the process as I am.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I’m reviewing my blueprint questions and listening to the 5K training again. Yesterday, I received Goldsmith’s “Triggers” in the mail. As usual, I’m way behind the 8-ball with client work, but I’m still taking time today to work on my own business.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Don,

I’m so glad to hear you are making time in your day for YOUR business!

Sean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.