Failure to Engage

by
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Failure to Engage

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Dave,
    Let me interpret what you just said, “I have periods when I bust my ass so much and for so long that I get tired and lose focus.”

Been there, done that, still do, get the same burned-out feelings!

Recently in an email or webcast, Sean reminded me of what makes business successful – helping other people.

I put that together with what Zig Ziglar repeated so very often…

You can have anything in life you want …
    if only you help enough other people get what they want.

As Sean says, the purpose of our business is to help others. So, what if we take time off from working our business and spend it helping others?

So, I bust ass for a while working on the technicals of my business. Then, I take a break and share with others. Sometimes, I feel a little guilty about taking time from my “productivity” to doing something that doesn’t make me money. But, I think about it and I realize that while being helpful, I am also refreshing my own energy and desire and encouraging myself to bust ass again.

I do have to make a point of blocking off time to work my business, though, and stay away from Facebook and here till I get something done, LOL.

Funny thing is, I think I would be more productive if I worked as hard as you think I do. LOL

Anonymous

Funny thing is, I think I would be more productive if I worked as hard as you think I do. LOL

LOL – Buck, thanks for your reply.

This is something I am working on very seriously. I understand that we all suffer from “pattern breaks.” That is, we get something going and then we let that momentum slip away. I have finally accepted that it is part of my personality and I’d better find a way to bounce back from it.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Dave,

sorry for the delay

yes, I experience those kinds of failures to engage – in fact, not finishing things is one of my big weaknesses!

one thing I do is very frequently hold meetings with myself to re-determine what is most important

Sean

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

David,

I certainly have and do fail to engage. I kind of go in spurts. You could say my goal would be for the spurts to last longer and the gaps between to become shorter.

I think about this a lot when I “run” my 4-mile loop. It’s really more a combo of jogs with walking in between. By the end of the summer, I’ll be able to jog the whole thing without walking. Right now it might be 60% jogging. If I sprinted enough to become overwhelmed (with oxygen debt), I’d have to walk more.

Mark

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Sometimes you just have to put your head down and dig in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.