FB and/or LinkedIn groups

by Donna Walsh
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything FB and/or LinkedIn groups

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Donna Walsh 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Well, I get to retype my reply. I hate it when I hose myself like that.

For years, I kept hearing how using LI groups was supposed to be a solid marketing strategy. I could never figure out how to make it work. FB groups are a different matter for me. I’m a member of several groups that I interact in regularly. Truth be told, I’ve never attempted to promote anything in any of them. Some of them have very strict policies about promotions. Some even have a no links policy.

When I say no links, I mean no links of ANY kind, promotional or otherwise. I left Marlon Sanders’ FB group because of his no link policy. I wanted to post a resource link so I asked Marlon about it. He said, “no links means no links of ANY kind.” Fine it’s his group and his policy but I left the group because of it. Life is too short.

The groups that are doing well for you, are they FB or LI groups?

Donna Walsh
    Participant

They are FB groups. I have not included any links, just discussed my upcoming book when the group owner asked everyone what they are planning on doing that week.

Rick Smith
    Participant

A good way to do it. Perhaps we should compare notes about the IM groups we find useful. I’m OK to do it here if you are. Otherwise, we can take it to email.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

That is fine with me.

And I am sure the group leaders would be happy for the exposure too.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Deal. Here are the FB groups I’m mainly involved with.

1. GKIC. Not sure if you have to be a GKIC member to be a member of this group or not.

2. Dennis Becker’s Internet Marketers Inside Track. I’m pretty sure you have to be a member of his site (it’s pretty cheap) to join this group.

3. DigitalMarketer Engage. I’m pretty sure you have to be a member of DM Lab to be in this group. (I own several of their execution plans.)

Rick Smith
    Participant

Left one out. The OptimizePress group. That’s one more of a tech group for people who use the OptimizePress page builder for WordPress.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

Ok

These are the main groups I am in on FB

Fast Action Planners with Richard Butler being the leader
    Robs Total Shortcut as well as Massive Marketing Success with Rob Gehring as the leader for both
    Turbo Community with John Delavera as leader. I joined this group because John and I have a long history together. At one time I was his ‘Turbo Lady’ and did multiple things for him.

I am also in the following but have never posted in them:

Reed Floren’s Customers with Reed Floren as leader
    Internet Marketing with Alex + VIP bonuses
    Internet Marketing with Declan Mc
    Andrew Hanson’s Niche Marketing Group

And about 5 others I have never posted in.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

That’s a bunch of groups. Don’t know that I want to add any more to my plate unless you really, really recommend one of them highly.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

Both Richard and Rob seem to be very helpful. They both share a lot with me both in the groups and by messenger. We chat almost every day so we have become friends though.

The Turbo group I joined just because John Delavera and I have a long time history.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

I am in kinda the same situation. My time is very limited right now. As soon as I clear a few things, I will more than likely start posting to the groups I am already in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.