How do I increase Kindle Book Sales?

by Bud Evans
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything How do I increase Kindle Book Sales?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sean Mize 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Check the basics first, Bud. Are your categories and keywords optimized? Is your author page optimized? Are you taking advantage of KDP promotions? Have you been utilizing book publicity channels? There are a many things that must work together to get sales moving. No silver bullet.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

25 books – well done.

Add the description to Don’s checklist – use as many of the allowed characters as possible, same principle as any other content (SEO without going overboard)

Cross promote the books inside each one so that people know you’ve got more content.

Promote on your site and to your list.

Use Amazon’s CreateSpace site to produce a print on demand option for those of us who prefer dead trees to electrons.

Add in a freebie signup (preferably early enough in the books for it to show on Look Inside) to get them onto a list.

Get a copy of John Locke’s book about how he sold a million copies on Amazon in 5 months and apply some stuff from that.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bud,

great responses here, I almost don’t want to participate cause I don’t want to take anything away from them.

But my radar goes to my old hat – which is to build an audience and then direct that audience to your kindles –

that will increase sales, it will triggers amazons formula to rank you higher and so on

Sean

Bud Evans
    Participant

Thanks for all the help. I am reviewing and revising book description, author central profile and a few new thing that I have learned. You can now put a short video in author central about yourself. There are a couple of other new Amazon features for authors that I am investigating. Have also found some excellent software for cross posting with Facebook, Twitter and Linkin to Amazon Kindle books. Lots of work to do in this area, will post what happens.

Thanks,
    Bud

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

The most important thing to drive kindle rankings is the traffic you send there from articles, etc, and the sales that happen there

Sean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.