I have had this happen, almost precisely the same way with a book cover. Someone promised something in 3 days, made me wait 5 days and then it was not usable work. (It was just a stock image that would put me in violation.)
IMHO, there are things to be learned (often the hard way) about working on Fiverr:
1. Do not bother with leaving bad feed back. They will often make it their life’s work to leave so much negative feedback for YOU that nobody will take your jobs. I got so tired of him saying that he was just trying to keep Fiverr clean of “people like me.” (Seriously, that’s how he began every email.)
2. DO NOT use the material unless you are willing to remove the negative feedback or else he will claim you used HIS materials without him receiving payment.
3. On any work that you have done, make sure that you secure the rights ahead of time to make changes to their work. (I know it sounds crazy, nut by strict copyright definition, you probably do not!)
4. Never contract ahead of time for more than the job is supposed to pay. Offer a tip, or a promise of a tip if the work turns out to be successful.
5. When it comes to things like graphics, be SURE that you are getting 100% original works as opposed to a stock item that has been modified. If not, you can wind up indirectly infringing someone else’s copyright (or worse, trademark).
6. *** MOST IMPORTANT *** Put EVERY job out to at least two people until you’ve got some go-to people in your stable.
PS: My advice to you is, remove the negative feedback, dump his graphic, and start again.
I’m not sure if you read my original post or got distracted by the irrelevant answers that followed. I didn’t lose money on Fiverr.
What happened was I accepted a project and paid for it so I could edit it and use it right away. It was a rough experience, so I posted 3 star feedback and explained what I went through. The seller didn’t like the feedback and decided to issue a refund I couldn’t refuse in order to get the feedback removed. It didn’t work, so she said she didn’t care for the money if I would allow the feedback to be removed. I agreed and the feedback was removed. Now she is insisting I pay her back and leave good feedback.
I didn’t know she issued a dispute to refund and didn’t go back to Fiverr until after whatever period that fiverr gives to respond. So, I was refunded by default. She said she didn’t care about the money, then, when the feedback was finally removed, she started demanding payment.