I'm Curious About How You Track Your Goals

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything I'm Curious About How You Track Your Goals

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

So I was recreating some monthly review tasks in Todoist. (For some reason, it didn’t repeat the tasks the way it should have so I had to recreate the tasks and fix that.)

In the process of doing that, I got to thinking, it’s one thing to review various goals; revenue, visitor, subscriber, whatever. But it’s another thing entirely to actually track your progress. For some reason, I’ve never developed any tracking methods for those goals. And so I got to wondering whether or not you track your revenue, visitor, subscriber, and purchaser (in my case member) results and compare them with your goals. Do you track them on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis? Or some other basis? Do you track other goals? If so, what? What tools do you use for the tracking?

Donna Walsh
    Participant

I keep track of everything with a back office e-commerce solution which tracks visitors, sales, revenue etc. I check my stats every week. Currently I do this through John Delavera’s Delavo although it is no longer available for sale. However, there are other back end programs available although some (like Infusionsoft) are very pricey.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Do you compare your results against your goals? I know about Infusionsoft. I’m not yet at a point to invest in Infusionsoft. I don’t have a CRM system in place, either. That part of my business isn’t really very automated at all.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

Hi Rick

Yes I do. My backend office gives me the stats for my results so far and I then compare those stats to my goals.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Gotcha. How do you record your goals (for example, monthly, weekly, and daily sales goals)? Do you use a spreadsheet? I’m not using a CRM right now, though I plan to. GetResponse (to which I pay $15 per month) is coming out with a CRM component. I’ve signed up for the beta. If it works the way I hope it will be pretty seamless. I use OptimizePress (a WordPress page builder) and it integrates seamlessly with GetResponse using an API key. I’m hoping that integration will continue.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

I have short term as well as long term goals. I try to make a certain amount of money every day although I do use a weekly average, not a daily one. But if I do not achieve my daily goal for several days in a row, I work really hard for the rest of the week in order to reach my weekly goal.

My back office does give me the stats I need for any length of time I enter so I can compare results very easily.

I use Aweber so do not know anything about what Get Response will be offering.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.