Is Anyone Adding Intro-Outro to their Video's?

by Bob Thibodeau
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Is Anyone Adding Intro-Outro to their Video's?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Donna Walsh 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob –

I had this reply all written and then lost it. 🙁 I hate it when I do that. I think it happens on my laptop because my finger sometimes swipes across the touchpad and accidentally closes the window. Lemme try this again.

I’m using an intro graphic and intro music as well as an outro graphic and outro music track. I wasn’t going to include intros or outros with the videos I created for the YouTube Challenge until I saw Beverly Taylor’s intro video. Top notch video. I highly recommend checking out her channel if you haven’t already.

Anyway, I have three videos public on my channel if you want to see how I’m using intros and outros. What I’m doing is real simple. I used the same icons I used on the header graphic for my website. I also used the same colors for the graphic as I used on the website. I got the text fonts as close as I could as well. I wanted the branding to be obvious between the two. Here’s the link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr0ZE2j1_pdEO-QkupO1heQ

BTW, I don’t know about you but I’m thoroughly enjoying the YouTube challenges. Some folks have posted some great videos and there’s some great interaction going on, the type of interaction I’d hope we’d see here. Oh well.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Thanks Rick! Yes – I’m enjoying them as well…just getting into the pond (I’ve got two video’s up…tomorrow is day 3 with me – I got started a few days behind. I’m hoping to catch up this weekend).

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob –

I’m a couple of days behind as well. I’m about to post my first two videos for the challenge. I’m current with all the lessons except for the one Sean sent today. I’ll be diving into that one shortly.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Not dressing mine up in any way – record, render, publish, next 🙂

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

There’s something to be said for that method as well.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

It’s the KISS principle 🙂

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

🙂

Donna Walsh
    Participant

Since I want my videos to be entertaining as well as informative, I am adding intros and outros.

I remember reading somewhere that adding intros, outros, and background music ups the interest and number of views.

So, just like in my blog posts where I add an image to generate interest, I am adding graphics and music to my videos.

However, since I have yet to publish any on YouTube, I do not yet know if that is a good approach!

I will let you know. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.