Just how difficult can I make this?

by Buck McDaniel
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Just how difficult can I make this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Buck McDaniel
    Participant

More accurately, how difficult am I making this?

I have 3 requirements for my business model:

1. Residual Income:
      Work once, get paid over and over
    2. Automated:
      Robots and Outsourcing
    3. Duplicatable:
      Multiple Streams of Income

The purpose of my business is to help others. By selling RR and PLR products, I can provide tools for other business men and women build their business. By outsourcing the product creation to those around me in need, I both help them help themselves and pay them by selling their products and services to my customers. Win-Win-Win!

I start with the nearly 1TB of material I already have and set up a shopping cart so I have a way to sell it. After two years of kicking at it, along with many other distractions, I got that set up. So the next task is to use JVs to drive affiliate traffic.
    Two problems with that. No unique content, and no interface so JVx can get paid for repeat sales.

Aha! That’s where membership comes in. Part of my plan is to provide monthly RR or PLR products to subscribers.

In theory, I should be able to outsource product creation to create regular weekly products for the members. Given enough subscribers, I should have ample income to pay for content and JV commissions. By offering subscriptions in multiple niches, I create multiple streams of income. … and then there are other plans including services, etc. in the plans.

Now, I feel like I have crashed where theory meets reality! I wish I had hit a brick wall, but I think I hit the side of a mountain range!

All the membership software I can afford works in layers that build on each other. It allows me to offer free membership for anyone wanting to buy individual items, but no link to pay JVs. Then I can sell level 1 membership where members get a larger selection of products which includes the free members products. The next level includes free and level 1 paid. But that isn’t my model at all!

What I would like is a ‘street’ price for outside visitors, a discount for my buyers. Then separate monthly memberships for different niches. To make matters worse, even this plan has other variations for future plans.

Then there’s the catch-22! I need subscribers to pay writers and JVs, and I need material from writers in order to sell subscriptions. and I need something bigger than one $5-$10/month subscription to attract JVs. And I don’t even have the writers or content lined up yet.

Now, take what I have so far, and what I hoped to build with it, and match it to my model requirements. I don’t think they are compatible.

This leaves me broke, and back to square one. In order for this model to get rolling, I need more time and money than I have to get it done.

CRASH!

Last week I ran across a PLR product on JVZoo. It was from a woman who write article 5-packs. Her platform is simple. Set up an ugly WordPress blog, create one article 5 pack for $5.00, add a JVZoo link and offer 75% commission. Rinse and repeat. She posted 5 article packs in 5 weeks and then created a WSO. She doesn’t even have a list. She’s doing it all wrong! (according to teachings) But, the fact is, she has accomplished more in 5 weeks than I have in 5 years! And, as slow as it is going for her financially, she has started and she is moving forward!

I could easily teach her how to set up GetResponse and interconnect it with JVZoo so she builds her list with every sale. I would happily volunteer to do it for no cost. I even feel guilty that I writing this instead of writing her.

It’s what I want to do. Seeing her, and others like her, succeed and move forward is what makes me happy, it’s what I want to live for….

But, here I am, a slave to debt!

Maybe I should delete everything, dump all my websites, unsubscribe from everything (not Sean, of course) and do it her way!

Well, there’s some transparency for everyone. I probably shouldn’t post this here, but I am editing it, so I guess it’s too late.

I’m going back to bed for the rest of the morning.

Bud Evans
    Participant

Hi,
    I think this membership plugin is free. The documentation indicates that it will do everything you need.

https://simple-membership-plugin.com/

Thanks,
    Bud

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Buck,

You are close. but I fear you are trying to do much, too fast.

keep it simple.

do something small first.

for a membership plugin that works to have an affiliate platform, you can use memberpress

but remember, unless you are on a big platform like clickbank or jvzoo, you are going to have a hard time finding affiliates until you build subscribers –

affiliates is a really tough way to get traffic when you are first starting out, I recommend building a list without worrying about affiliates, and focus on affiliates long run.

Keep it simple!

Sean

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Ok, The weekend is coming and it looks like I will have time to work again. 🙂

A few things, First, I am feeling much better as, finally, after three nights of not more than 2-3 hours of sleep, I actually got a full 5 1/2 hours in, 1 1/2 more hours than my norm.

@Bud, thank you for the suggestion, I am looking at it again.

@Sean, Memberpress looks good, but my budget is still in the lower two-digits.

** Note: my autoresponder service upgraded me to a new system. I am in the process of learning it and moving everything over to it. This is why everything needs AR work completed. **

As far as it goes about me over-complicating things, that is my nature. Someone once told me if he hadn’t had water to drink in a week and depended on my telling him how to work a water fountain, he’d go look for some other source of water. Unfortunately, his opinion still stands many decades later. This is why I try to go back and look over my original goals periodically.

I also tend to let myself get sucked into shiny object syndrome, but so far this year, I have done pretty well to keep that in check. I just got a compliment from a marketer I told I would not be buying his great product because it wasn’t in line with what I am working on. I wouldn’t have even looked except that it had to do with traffic.

But, I digress…

Looking over my current assets, I have the following to work with:

• RR and PLR ecommerce site, loaded, tested and operational with the exception of the autoresponder.
    • 10×10 Matrix Outline for one of my hobbies: Aquaponics
    • ~1000 GB of PLR/RR that I can sort through and add to the RRPLR.com or convert to my own products.
    • Two Weight-loss sites with funnels set up but need to set up autoresponder.
    • One list building squeeze page, that’s actually been getting hits even though it doesn’t offer a freebie.
      It also needs an autoresponder set up.
    • 20+ domain names, hosting, and lifetime autoresponder subscription.

RRPLR.com

As it stands, my RRPLR.com site is really competing with the 1000 other similar sites that sell PLR for pennies on the dollar in an ecommerse plugin. I don’t really like that model, an attitude I developed only after initially setting this up.

My current goal for the site is to provide the option of people buying from the site direct, but to provide unique content for the site. It may be articles, etc. created in-house, or converted PLR that is now a unique, brandable RR product. In addition I want to provide the services of setting up the sales funnels for the buyer. That’s just one line.

Another angle is to provide a subscription per niche continuity income by providing PLR for specific niches. For example, two subscriptions would be weight loss and aquaponics. I would provide weekly or monthly new article packs and/or products for each niche.

I really want to use JVZoo, but after a short discussion with one of their staff, I come to find out that they aren’t quite there yet with interfacing with sites for subscription services, and even less with ecommerce sites.

NinjaListSecrets.com

This was intended to be an affiliate marketing site, that eventually leads to a self-made product/sales funnel.
    The emails are to contain hints I learned from the gurus, taken from bullet points in various sales letters. Then, I would use the emails to promote appropriate affiliate products. Strangely enough, even with search engines being discouraged from listing the site, a few people have found it and signed up.

I probably have enough “knowledge” to write a report, or even an ebook. I have enough PLR to create a continuity program for it, but I have only 1 subscriber, and that’s only because he knows me. I would feel very uncomfortable, if not guilty for pursuing this topic until I have actually succeeded in it.

LoseFat/LoseBellyFatWith.us
    Currently, these sites have PLR material for freebie, I set them up as examples, but never took them down. They both have products, but need the autoresponders set up and some kind of followups and/or sales funnels.
    Since I lost 45 pounds in 6 months, I could justify pursuing this niche. I probably have enough knowledge to make up at least a 10×10 matrix outline on the topic and subtopics, probably 10x10x10… I don’t know if there is an end of available resources and topics for this niche. While I am interested in losing more weight, the weight loss niche isn’t my top interest.

MyAquarium.Rocks
    When I get my next full two week paycheck, I hope to become active it it. I already have about 40 years (off and on) of experience in the aquarium hobby.
    I created an Aquaponics 10×10 matrix outline to write articles for the site and for PLR content. I took last weekend off my business to relax and worked on this site. (I had just spent 3 intense weeks of pressing to set up rrplr.com.) The reason it can be relaxing is that it is my newest hobby and I have no deadlines or pressure to get it completed as it isn’t the site I was working on.

My options (other suggestions are welcome)

• RRPLR.com As/Is: Setup autoresponder and start driving traffic to it as/is.
      Use the income to start building on the additional products and services
    • RRPLR.com Revamped: Trash what I have and start over. Create a membership site only site.
      Use the subscription income to pay for the products.
      Build on it from there.
    • NinjaListSecrets.com: Create my first email campaign and start driving traffic.
      Or I could set it up as a text-book funnel example of what this coaching program teaches.
    • LoseFat/BellyFatWith.us: Choose one of the sites, Create a 10×10 matrix, a squeeze page, and a give-away product.
      Create a beginning series of emails and start promoting.
      This is another text-book example.
    • MyAquarium.Rocks as planned:Finish setting up the blog, set up an autoresponder, use the Matrix to start writing blog articles and promote.
    • MyAquarium.Rocks Revamped: It could be set up as a sales funnel rather than a blog.

I believe the first option will be the least profitable, and the second (pretty much what I want to add to the site) would take too long and be expensive to start up.

The third option would be doable, but I would feel like the “fake it till you make it” guru. That doesn’t set so well with me.

The biggest potential probably comes from the weight-loss niche and I can confidently work with it. When I set them up, one was just going to be a list building site promoting affiliate products, the other just a test site. Now, I have had the experience and materials I used and applied to lose weight myself. I don’t consider myself an “Expert” but I can help those in my condition get started.
    Setting up the weight loss site would be a text-book example of Sean’s instructions for this coaching program.

While I have much more experience in the aquarium side of the aquaponics niche, even more than in the weightloss niche, I wouldn’t feel as comfortable revamping it to meet the standard sales funnel. I think I can do it. I would just be dependent on some aspects from book knowledge rather than experience. I will be experimenting with it very soon, I hope.

If I follow my original plan of making it a blog and building on it, I am afraid I have a lot of work and time before it will be very profitable.

I didn’t include all the details of what I want or can do with any of these sites, but this is a bit of an overview of my assets and options as I see them right now.

Which ever option I choose, I will pretty much drop everything else until I reach certain goals. I’ll also continue writing PLR in the weight-loss, aquaponics/aquarium and MMO niches as they are on my mind.

You just read all this, so I know your gears are spinning in your head. What would you recommend and why? Just leave a brief answer. I think it will help others who follow who might be in similar situations.

Thank you
    Buck

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

Buck,

For some reason, the aquaponics idea jumped out at me. Not for me personally, but for you. You seem to have all the pieces pretty well lined up. The “as planned” version.

And you said it was relaxing and fresh in your mind. Could you spend consistent, focused time on it until the site really had all dots connected? And enjoy the process?

I’m responding because I can certainly relate to several of your points. I can tell you are creative and full of ideas. Ideas might come more easily than implementation, BUT I know you could pull off whichever one you choose.

Anyway, for encouragement, let me post a link to an article I read a few days ago:

http://www.femtrepreneur.co/blog/30-profitable-course-topics

I only wish I had the author’s energy. But her point is that weird topics can sell. I’m not saying that aquaponics is real weird, but I did have to look it up. 🙂

Anyway, the topic has my vote, and you do, too.

Best wishes,

Mark

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Buck,

rate each one with 1-10 for each of these traits:

how much do you LOVE the niche?

how much demand do you think there is in that niche?

how easy will that niche or idea be to do?

do that for all the ones you mentioned

Sean

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Ok, folks, time for a decision. I spent Saturday mulling over various options. It didn’t seem very productive, but maybe more so than I thought at the time. RRPLR.com has turned into a monster. It is functional, but I am afraid it will be more work and cost to “add” the real features I want for it and to give it its real purpose. I am held up primarily by finances, but there are some serious tech learning curves that could be lurking behind the bushes as well. So, frankly, I am not real excited about moving forward on it at this time. I can keep it running as is by adding more RR and PLR products, but that’s a lot of work in and of itself.

Saturday, I am afraid I gave a pep talk to the wrong person. Our fellow member and friend, Alvin Arntson, was discouraged and I said what I felt compelled to share with him, including my fear of creating videos. Then, I went back to my office and gelled out watching some Aquaponics videos on YouTube.

Sunday morning, I did the unthinkable. Seriously, without thinking, I picked up my camera and started to shoot video. For 8 tries, I blew the first 45 seconds of each video and started over. Finally, on my ninth, I just kept going. I produced my first acceptable 12+ minute video for YouTube. (or facebook, etc.)

Additionally, I wrote two short articles, mostly space-takers as my front page gave dumb looking messages where there would be no articles. I set up the autoresponder, spent 4+ hours on the phone with HostGator (still haven’t settled the issue,) and wrote my first autoresponder email. All that in a day full of errands and interruptions.

This morning, I played around with YouTube editing and WOW the video looks so much better! I joined Adsense and got my video monetized. Again, this is while running errands, doing chores, and being interrupted occasionally (much less than yesterday.)

Basically, the site is complete. No more techy stuff to break down (except when I convert to GetResponse after I have a stream of income coming in.) Regular maintenance need only be 1 email every third day, one article per week, and one 5-10 minute video every other week and I will have accomplished more with this site than I actually planned for it.

For monetization, I am looking at adding adsense to the videos (done) and to the site. Looking for affiliate products on ClickBank, etc. and using Amazon, Walmart and/or eBay ads.

This is a topic in which I have already written 3 PLR articles I can use on it. I know enough that I should be able to write a pretty big beginner’s how-to-get started in aquariums book. So, I definitely see potential in pursuing this niche.

Somewhere along the way, I need to figure out how to create a list-builder book or video or something.

But, to throw in the proverbial monkey-wrench, I have been neglecting my weight loss and have put on a few pounds. I really need to get serious about that again. Having recently lost 45 pounds, I do have something to work with now. (I put up the three weight loss sites before I lost the weight.)

The question is “Should I do only one at the time, or enter-twine them?” I have to do the weight-loss as it is affecting my breathing again. I have 4 active aquariums, one more ready to be set up and two more coming soon to be set up. Needless to say, I will be working on both weight loss and aquariums continuously for quite some time to come.

I probably should have written this in coaching or in accountability, but I am following up on my original message. I like it here because I really appreciate the open-involvement for all coaching members here, and Coach Sean doesn’t seem to mind answer here any more than in the Coaching forum as long as he doesn’t have to answer in both.

I want to thank everyone for reading and/or responding. I really hope that my experience here helps encourage others to move forward. Not to mention, all your responses help me, too.

And thanks to Alvin. I know, I think I owe you an apology, (I said I was too scared to shoot video… duh!) but maybe responding to your email was actually answering my need as well.

I need to post one more thing, write my accountability report and write my daily email.

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Ok, unless I reply to someone, this is my last post on this topic.

After full consideration, I took time this morning to evaluate my options again in light of the four requirements of my business model.

1. Work Once – Repeat Business
    2. Automatable/Outsourced
    3. Duplicable
    4. JV/Affiliate Friendly

RRPLR.com
    I have effectively retired further plans for RRPLR.com. It is what it will ever be for some time, and that is a general and open marketplace for RR and PLR products that I can post there when I buy them.

MyAquarium.Rocks
    The structure of MyAquarium.Rocks is complete! Basically, I just need to keep up with emails and articles for the time being and it is completed. I completed a 10×10 matrix (which looks more like 3 x 12 x 10) and could probably add another layer of ten. I think I can create a lot of products from that one. They will just take some time as some are experiments and some require a lot of research.

The two domains above just need minimal tweaking and emails and they are completed.

ThePLRExpress.com
    So my next project is to bring ThePLRExpress.com out of mothballs. When I got it, the name competed with one of Tiffany Lambert’s students, so out of respect for both of them, I mothballed it and bought RRPLR.com. But, now PLRExpress.com has been retired to an affiliate-links search engine. So I am comfortable using it.

Instead of making a shopping cart, I will be using JVZoo buy buttons. I can create one master product, probably a freebie, and list all the rest as part of the sales funnel. This site is reserved only for PLR created by me or for me. The general products that are available to just about everyone, will be sent to RRPLR.com. Some exceptions may apply.

Weight Loss Niche
    I lost 45 pounds last year! But, now I put 6 of it back on. It’s time for me to focus on losing weight again.
    I have a PLR site that needs articles and after ThePLRExpress.com is completed, I have 3 weight loss domain names that I can use or choose from to set up as well. The sites are on the back burner, but the weight loss is coming forward no later than this weekend.

IMB (not a name, just my shorthand for Info Marketing Business)
    My daily tasks are:

1. Write email(s)
    2. Write article(s)
    3. Coaching Lessons

My weekly tasks are:

• Learn Impress
      (PowerPoint)
    • Update RRPLR.com
    • Update MyAquarium.Rocks
    • Update ThePLRExpress.com
    • Lose Weight &
      Weight Loss 10×10 Matrix

There it is! This is how difficult I can make it.

Thank you all for your input.
    Don’t be shy if you want help. That’s what we are paying for. 🙂

Dejan Cerv
    Participant

Hi Buck

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this page. You are creating very helpful and motivational post here.

In especially like this:

Sunday morning, I did the unthinkable. Seriously, without thinking, I picked up my camera and started to shoot video. For 8 tries, I blew the first 45 seconds of each video and started over. Finally, on my ninth, I just kept going. I produced my first acceptable 12+ minute video for YouTube. (or facebook, etc.)

In few sentences you explained the essence of how to overcome the fear of shooting videos and getting comfortable.

By the way, I really like your video. Great work! I think that you can create quite popular channel on YouTube if you continue shooting more of such videos…

I’m not sure if you’ve already found a membership plugin that best suits your needs but I would recommend you to check Zaxaa and their free membership plugin for WordPress. You can check the features on their site. They give you great options to share revenue with partners (JV’s) and you can pay your affiliates commissions instantly.

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Thank you Dejan, I’ll look into Zaxxa.

As for my OP, I knew I probably sounded like I was originally whining, and I know a lot of people often feel the same way. I knew I would find answers and move forward. I wasn’t about to give up, contrary to how it sounded. But I won’t lie, I was very depressed.

I am over it now and looking forward to moving to the next stage. It’s great to have the words of encouragement I received as well as helpful suggestions.

This thread will be most important after I have reached a level of success as then, it will show others the that they have hope, even if they have to change plans and keep plugging at it.

Thank you for your words.

Buck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.