Kevin Stanley Accountability

by Kevin Stanley
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Your Accountability Kevin Stanley Accountability

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Goal Furnace answers below. I will update the thread with either the first part of section 2 or my goals for tomorrow after I have put my children to bed (I am in the UK so I’m on BST)

Cheers
    Kev

The Big Goal
    I want to build a business teaching time management and productivity to office workers. This will be through a range of self help training products, a membership which provides access to all products as well as an online support group and finally a high ticket coaching program.

What would it mean to achieve it
    Achieving this goal would enable me to change the lives of stressed office workers while giving myself freedom from my own 9 to 5 job. This would make me feel like I’m making a positive difference to people’s lives rather than just shareholders bank balances. It would also make me feel proud to have build something from scratch and be able to have the freedom to spend time with my family and support them in ways I cannot currently.

What’s Been Holding me Back
    Quality time to work on it where I feel motivated and fresh.
    Indecision over what to do next or to get started when working on it.
    Lack of confidence that what I’m doing will succeed.

How Much Longer Am I Prepared to Let Them Hold me Back
    I am no longer prepared to let them hold me back. I will keep working towards my goal, however small the steps, using the plan provided and support of Sean and the group for reassurance, confidence and validation of my ideas.

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Answers to digging deep to develop the blueprint below.

My goals for tomorrow are to evaluate the answers below and listen to the background training on my work commute then write up my take aways from that.

Cheers
    Kev

Part 1 (So I understand your Dream Business):

1) What exactly is your Dream Business? Infobusiness selling products, training and coaching that changes lives and helps me break free of my job.

2) Why do you believe you should create it? For the last 10 years I’ve consistently produced results for my employer, making the most of my time and skills through organisation and planning.

3) How will your BIG IDEA change lives? I want to make productivity easy for even the most disorganised of people, allowing them to bring calm, order and a sense of achievement to the things they do.

4) How is it different (or similar) to other web businesses that do something similar? I want to blend the best bits of the advice I’ve read online to make simple programs that anyone can follow.

5) What will be included in your BIG BUSINESS dream site? Free information on problems and what kinds of solutions are required. Products and memberships to teach step by step solutions to the problems, providing the customer with specific strategies and detailed techniques to apply.

6) Please tell me anything and everything else about what you dream about in your business. I want to offer 3 tiers of product / program. Self help trainings for self starters. An online group for those who need community support and coaching for targeted help.

Part 2 (So I understand what your weaknesses are so we can work with/around them):

7) What challenges have you faced in the past in trying to implement your BIG DREAM? See previous section: Time/Motivation, Indecision, Lack of confidence.

8) If you have never started, why not? What held you back? N/A

9) If you have started, but failed or stalled, what happened? My work became really busy to the point I had to take work home. I didn’t feel I couldn’t because it supports my family and I lost momentum then became demotivated.

10) What do you see as your 3 biggest weaknesses? Perfectionism, Lack of confidence, Distracted when tired.

11) How do those weaknesses stunt your growth? They kill my momentum and cause me to move on to thinking about other projects.

Part 3: (So we can begin designing your business fast!):

12) Who desperately NEEDS what you are going to teach, share, or sell? People who are overwhelmed with work to the point it affects their health and relationships. They are working long hours, they feel demotivated and stuck, unhappy in their work and there is a negative cycle of feelings.

13) Why do they need it from YOU and no one else? I’ve been there and know how it feels, I want to support and help them get on top of things, feel better and benefit from the positive cycle that comes from feeling a sense of achievement.

14) Is anyone else doing exactly the same thing? Yes there are various books, courses and coaches already out there.

15) How is YOUR solution different or better than everyone else who teaches what you want to? I’m aiming to make my solution simpler and easier to implement, with options for support and tailoring available.

16) How is YOUR solution going to change people’s lives? See benefits in 13.

17) Is your solution simpler or more complex than the existing solutions? I’m aiming to make it simpler.

18) Do you want to be the LEADER in your business concept, or just go along with everyone else and get by? I want to be an authority like a Tim Ferriss,

19) Did you make MORE revenue last year online than the year before? N/A

20) Are you already selling your solution in a smaller form, but you want to go big and viral now? N/A

21) If so, how many units do you sell each month, and at what price each? N/A

22) Do you have an enthusiastic fan base to whom you can tell about your great idea? If so, what is that fan base, and how many are in it? N/A

23) If you KNOW you can change lives, but haven’t been able to, what are the top 3 things that have stopped you from doing it? See 7)

24) Do you want to follow a proven model, or do you want to re-invent the wheel? Proven model (I constantly use proven models in my software design to maximise results)

25) On a scale of 1-10, how bad do you want to change the world with your solution? 10

26) On a scale of 1-10, how bad to you want to make $100k this year with your solution? 10 – if I can make $40k this year then my mortgage will be paid off and my dependency on my job is significantly reduced to the point I would no longer need $100k to leave it.

27) How hard are you willing to work to make it happen? As hard as is necessary to achieve success, but not at the expense of my health / family.

28) What are you willing to drop or get rid of to make $100k this year changing the world with your solution? The only things I will not drop are my job (as I have to pay the bills) and some minimum time with my family.

29) What will be the 3 biggest things that would change in your life if you get this viral innovative business off the ground? The time I can spend with my family. My sense of purpose and feeling of achievement, The time I can invest in trying new things (business ideas).

30) Final question (yahoo!!) – what is going to be the BEST PART about working with me on this? I’ve been listening to your trainings on my 2.5 hour round trip commute for some time now (I purchased a PLR just for this) and you have always resonated with me with the things you say and the things you actually do and I see through being on your list. I’m excited to continue learning from you and benefit from your personal input.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Kev,

Great work! the key here is to come back each and every day and update this – it’s easy to let it go, and in 3o days you are off-track again – make it a point to come here each day, even if you have to set an alarm on your phone or something to make it happen!

Sean

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Thanks Sean, I appreciate the words of encouragement!

Today I have worked through items 2.4 to 2.7 and my answers are all below. Tomorrow I will be listening to the core training on creating a schedule as I go to work then I will be creating it in the evening. I am concerned that I will not be able to find a full 3.5 hours a day due to the length of my work day and household responsibilities, but I will asses that and as the appropriate questions when I have.

Cheers
    Kev

Background Training to Build Your Blueprint
    Listened to this in full twice. The key items for me were: providing value in exchange for money; selling products that meet needs; the range of products you can have from 1 hour recordings; the value of trust; the importance of re-purposing content; the 9 components to the business and where your time should be focussed (creation + email 20%, getting leads 80%)

The Outline of My Blueprint
    What are the 3-5 things you should be singularly focusing on in your business to achieve YOUR goals?

1.Researching and planning content
    2.Creating product content
    3.Writing a daily email
    4.Creating visitor driving content.
    5.Re-purposing content for visitor driving.

If ALL you did each day was work on those 3-5 things, what would your DREAM or DREAM BUSINESS look like in 6 months?
    I would have approximately 25 entry level products from which I could create mid and high tier products as well as a membership. I would also have a significant web presence / site.

Would it be okay if you did NOTHING else but those 5 things during your working time? What things do you to today that could be totally eliminated? (For example, facebook, email, TV, etc.)? What could you eliminate and it wouldn’t take away from your goal?
    Of course! I could eliminate TV and Social Media after the kids bedtime, this would free up some time. I may have to get up earlier than my current time of 5:30am.

Your Monetary Blueprint
    What do YOU see as the way to get to about $8k a month ($100k a year)?

200 members at 20 -> 4K
    100 sales of 10 -> 1K
    100 Sales of mid @ 20 -> 2K
    100 Sales of high @ 40 -> 4K

I find knowing how to price things difficult, however my initial goal would be for my membership to cover my bills and other products are a driver to it / additional. I would then look to branch out in coaching when I’ve left my job.

What has to happen for that to happen?

1. I need to creating content as quickly as possible
    2. I need to continuously learn about my niche so I can keep creating
    3. I need to use the content to create products and articles

What are the 3 biggest things that answering the earlier questions and my feedback have done for you, or helped you realize?

1. I need to start working on this as soon as possible
    2. I need to provide the best value I can
    3. I need to be consistently focussed on my goals

Bringing Both Together
    Based on everything you’ve written and what you want to accomplish, and realizing that tightly focused action on 2-3 main things will get you much further than trying to EVERYTHING, what do YOU see as your Blueprint?
    1. Creating a weekly recorded product
    2. Driving traffic to my squeeze page
    3. Writing a daily email

What are the 3-5 things you’ll do to build your business?
    1. Plan my work for the week.
    2. Research my subject for the week.
    3. Create a training based on my subject.
    4. Create content to drive traffic based on my subject.
    5. Write daily emails.

What are the 3-5 things you’ll “sell” to bring in the income?
    1. Low tier trainings (created each week).
    2. Mid tier trainings (bundles of related low tier trainings)
    3. High tier trainings (mid tier with worksheets)
    4. Membership
    5. Group Coaching(?)

What are the price points on those “things”?
    Starting at $10 for the low tier then a discount on the bundles. Membership at $20 and Group Coaching at $50.

How many do you need to sell to hit your financial goal?
    200 memberships would provide the foundation to quit my job.

What has to happen to sell those?
    The 3-5 business building things must take place consistently. Additionally all traffic driving content should be re-purposed to maximise reach.

Sharon Bechtold
    Participant

Wow! yeah, I can see you are certainly productive (and uber organized). Great job, looking forward to learning more about your biz.

Sharon 🙂

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Thanks Sharon 🙂

When I have a plan, motivation and momentum I am very productive, however I know I have weaknesses and can struggle when things happen to break this (usually to do with my job or things at home) – I’m hoping the accountability and support of the group is going to help me pick myself up again and keep going with the plan!

Cheers
    Kev

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Today I listened to the core 4 training on my commute and then completed section 2 and started section 3 this evening. I’ve thought of a question for Sean I will add to the Coaching forum but first I will details my findings from today below.

Tomorrow I will continue with the section 3 exercises. I plan to start listening to some of the advanced background training on my drive as i do not see any more audio trainings in this section.

Cheers
    Kevin

Core 4 Training
    As the name suggests, 4 key elements that you should work on every working day, these are as follows:

Daily content creation
    Consistent daily creation is better than doing it in bulk because you are fresher and get more ideas. The content fuels all of the other elements of the core as they all require a base of content but it is particularly relevant to product creation.

Communicating with your tribe
    This will be the daily email for me, possibly also blog comments (which would also fuel getting people to my site) to a lesser degree. The key points are writing as if talking to a friend and asking what people are having problems with. The email campaigne training is useful here and worth re-visiting. One of the keys was write for 90 days before building up a responder sequence. I personally like the approach of infotainment emails that blend information and entertainment.

Development and Sales of Coaching and Products
    The content you create daily can be adapted and combined to create products. They can then be expanded and added to in order to create different tiers of content. Part of this work should also include working on sales pages.

Telling people about your products / solutions.
    You need to find where the people with the problems your product solves hang out. Whether it is forums, facebook, you tube, blogs or googling for answers from quora, etc. Once you know this you want to try and get content of yours to these places so you are in front of them. It’s important that you are targeting people with problems and not just a general interest.

Pitfalls
    You need all of these components in place for it to work. If you get frustrated with seeing no sales and concentrate on traffic then people may be turned off by your lack of content. Must not forget to work on sales pages and other parts of product, don’t make the mistake of thinking all that is needed in the content.

My Daily Schedule
    I need to do the following each day:

1.Create content
    2.Write an email
    3.Integrate content into next product
    4.Redistribute content so that it is in front of people that need it (paid or free)

In the working week I have between 2 and 3 hours a day I can dedicate to working on my business. A typical day is as follows:

– 05:15 Wake up and Shower
    05:30 – 06:30 Work on business
    06:30 – 07:45 Drive to work, listen to relevant training
    07:45 – 16:30 Work (30 mins lunch break only, no time to dedicate)
    16:30 – 18:00 Drive home, listen to relevant training
    18:00 – 19:30 Eat dinner, do chores, spend time with children
    19:30 – 20:30 Alternate nights put children to bed / work on business
    20:30 – 21:30 Work on business
    21:30 – 22:00 Quality time with wife and sleep

This gives me between 2 and 3 hours a day of quality time I can work on my business. I believe at first this should be split as follows:

45 minutes creating content
    30 minutes writing an email
    45 minutes redistributing content

On the days with an additional hour I will allocate an additional 30 minutes to creating content and then 30 minutes work on integrating it to a product or working on a sales page.

There are days I work at home and don’t have to commute and on these I shall aim to add an additional hour to make what would have been a 2 hour day to a 3 hour day,

I will track the time spent and adjust as necessary with results and feedback.

An important footnote for me is that I know I am prone to distraction when I don’t have a clear plan of what I am doing. As such I should aim to plan the week ahead at the weekend so I know exactly what topics I am covering that week, making the 4 daily tasks even easier.

3.1 Getting Started Building an Info Business

What do you teach that changes lives?
    Time management and productivity (to include goal setting, stress busting and other parts of a productive and stress free life)

How do you change lives?
    By teaching people to manage the things they need to get done, so they have time for what’s important to them and less stress, anxiety and worry about their work. With this I will bring a sense of achievement, calmness under pressure and a belief in themselves.

What is the single biggest thing you teach that people know you for (or that you want them to know you for)?
    Simple, nonsense teaching that anyone can follow and gets real results.

What do you already have in place in your business (products, articles, videos, etc)?
    I have a lot of research material, including PLR articles and eBooks over a wide range of time management subjects. I also have my own books, worksheets and products I have studied myself. Finally I have an 80% completed eBook on beating Procrastination I wrote. I do not have anything concrete in terms of website, articles, etc.

What is your greatest weakness (the biggest thing that holds you back from achieving success online)?
    It has been my ability to maintain momentum and take consistent action when my confidence is knocked or things outside of my business take over my time for a period.

What are the 3 biggest reasons you chose to do this with me?
    From listening to your teachings I feel that you are the right person to guide me.
    I feel I need the additional guidance and accountability you and the group will provide.
    The chance to be able to ask you questions and draw upon your experience.

How many hours are you willing to work per day?
    I have worked out I have 2-3 hours a day available to work a day on average. I know from past experience that I do not cope well when my sleep or family is compromised beyond the schedule I outlines in the last section.

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Today I listened to the first part of the advanced training on how to build your expert level blueprint business. The really key parts from this training were as follows:

* Info businesses are becoming commodity driven and they is no profit to be made in just selling information.
    * To set yourself apart you need to provide relationship on top of information in order to give customers a quality experience.
    * People buy from you because they trust and respect you and this comes from the relationship.
    * With this you can raise prices but also not worry about the amount of info products in your niche.
    * Position yourself as the expert who cares, will response and help. Not only can you raise prices but people will seek you out.

I know this is skipping ahead but I like to make use of my time in the car by listening to trainings. I then completed section 3.2 and my answers are below.

Cheers
    Kev

What is the single biggest thing you can do right now to change people’s lives?
    I believe that the starting point for productivity is getting a simple plan in place so that you can keep track of all the things you need to get done, prioritise them and start working on the one at a time,

What is the biggest thing folks are missing in your topic?
    I feel there are a lot of books on the topic and a lot of courses aimed at the corporate environment but I think there is an opportunity for a less formal approach, more of an everyday person’s guide.

If you were to spend 30 days working on one idea, one concept, one way to change lives, what do you want that to be?
    Getting started with a simple productivity system so that the foundations of being organized and productive can be put in place. This foundation level training would offer biggest returns for the most people.

How can you best change lives?
    By offering the best quality information and training that I can create, tailored to different levels to suit different people (basic self help style, more structured trainings then coaching).

Would you prefer to have a broad website or one that positions YOU as the expert?
    I would prefer to position me / my brand as the expert as I believe this has the potential to impact on peoples lives to a much greater extent.

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Today I listened to parts 2 and 3 of the advanced training on building an expert level blueprint business, key points that jumped out were as follows:

* If you are a proper expert in one particular area of your niche people will want your help in other areas of that niche because you are still an expert.
    * Someone who has been in the niche 3 months can be more of an expert than someone who has been there for years by being more up to daye, cutting edge and unique.
    * It is vital to bring uniqueness to the niche in order to differentiate yourself, however slight that is.
    * Planning how you want your business to develop is important for focus
    * A reverse funnel can build your expert positioning because when they see the first offer of coaching it sets you up as an expert.

In addition to this I worked through section 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5. There aren’t any questions in here as such but they all cover the importance of your core tasks, building your product set and changing lives as the most important thing. Only 10% of the people on your list will buy but you can change everyone’s lives and still make a living from doing so. Not only this but that approach of making your free stuff better than most peoples paid stuff will bring purpose and focus. The result of that is that everyone wins in the end, people on your list, your customers and you!

There is the need for approximately 1500 targetted visitors a month in order to make the basic figures shown and it’s important to note that if you are doing this each month then as you create new products you will have more people to offer them to and your income will go up.

I’m now reaching the stage of starting to put together a definitive plan for my business and the daily work I will need to do, I have yet another question for the coaching forum and tomorrow I will aim to continue with the advanced trainings and additionally think about how to be unique in my niche.

Cheers
    Kev

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Today I listened to parts 4 and 5 of the advanced training. These really seemed to push the idea of creating a reverse funnel which positions you as a high value expert. I found the idea of starting with your finishing point (i.e. where you want your business to be in a year) really interested especially the part about reverse engineering your products.

Although I feel this sits slightly at odds with the idea of building a list first and then finding out what they want to buy. I think I would be better suited to knowing what content I need to create and use each week and it be part of an overall plan rather than just creating content to drive traffic, but I am conscious that the people first model is proven to work.

Further to this I went through the final exercises in section 3

3.6 and 3.7 Solidify and Personalize Blueprint Steps and Outline the Work
    The day to day actions needed for my blueprint are clearly defined by the core 4 training steps and this particular lesson, however I also need to map out the following before I start working on these:

1.Decide on my brand, including my sub niche / positioning and what makes me unique.
    2.Decide on my high ticket product and then reverse engineer my other products from it.
    3.Purchase a domain name and setup the initial web site.
    4.Choose the first component of the business to work on and then get to it.

I imagine setting up the sales pages for the higher ticket items and then start building the first module, which becomes the first report etc and following the core 4 to start driving traffic etc.

That said, as I mentioned earlier I’m a little torn between doing this and the people first approach that is mentioned in 3.7. So I need to think about this and ask any relevant questions to help me decide what’s best for me.

I will give this thought tomorrow and continue listening to the advanced trainings from section 4 to see if they give me any further inspiration.

Cheers
    Kevin

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

I’ve listened to further advanced training audios today, specifically from the Maven part of the expert positioned blueprint. Listening to these has made me realise that I need to give more thought to my purpose and the problem that I’m solving. I think that my definitions are too generic and that I need to go back and examine these and think about how I can be unique in that niche, be that with a unique solution or by finding a specific market that isn’t currently catered for.

As well as giving this some serious thought over the next few days I’m going to look at some of the current Guru’s of the productivity niche and see how their positioning and offerings vary.

My current feeling is that I’m best positioned to help people who want to work on things outside of their day job get organised around it so they can work on their own projects without impacting on work or family life, but I need to explore this and think about it further to see if it is a better fit.

Cheers
    Kevin

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Great documentation! I think you will find that if you commit to spending a few minutes here each day, it will help you stay focused

Sean

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

Thanks Sean.

I’m still trying to decide on my exact positioning / sub niche within the productivity niche. Unfortunately I’ve had a disruptive few days with work and home which is why I’ve been absent for a few days but I hope to be back on this soon.

I have continued listening to the trainings on my journey to work, including the recording of the live audio training. I particularly liked the idea of finding psychological ideas and applying them to your niche and will look to make use of that.

Cheers
    Kevin

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

I’ve been away from my thread for several days now as I’ve been pondering on my positioning with the productivity niche. My answer came to me when I was up early one morning over the weekend with just the sound of birdsong for company. Thinking about my purpose for this niche and what I want to achieve I came to my answer, which is to help people overcome the stress, overwhelm and many other negative feelings that come from a lack of organisation and effective time/task management.

So for me it isn’t about making someone into a super achiever, or a corporate success. It’s about helping them get rid of the pain of feeling like they can never get on top of things, get done what they need to or spend the time they want to with their loved ones.

So following on from this I have started researching / outlining topics for my first 10 by 10 matrix. My plan is to start with a general primer for people starting from scratch and then to build deeper products based on the needs on the list I create.

Cheers
    Kevin

Kevin Stanley
    Participant

I’m working on my 10 x 10 matrix, it won’t be exactly 10 x 10 but there is a lot of information coming together as I work on it which is making me excited to get creating. I’m finding it a useful exercise to look at books and courses in the niche already to see the topics they cover as this gets you thinking.

Once done I intend to create the following:

* A general / high level product which introduces the customer to the subject
    * More in depth products for each of the main topics
    * Group coaching with is access to the in depth products with added forum / telephone call.
    * 1 on 1 coaching with tailored additional information.

I’m thinking that once I have created the first product I can then create a squeeze page opt-in which is one of the topics from that product (so a free chapter in effect). I can then start creating the in depth content and as I do this extract articles, you tubes and emails from them in order to start building my list.

Cheers
    Kevin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.