Looooong Blog Posts vs. Short Blog Posts

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Looooong Blog Posts vs. Short Blog Posts

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Smith 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Both work depending on your audience and how they’re finding you.

In my view, less often but longer is preferable and there are some others who would agree with that viewpoint. This post goes into quite a bit of analysis and a YouTube report I read recently was pointing in the direction of longer videos so it’s not just written content.

That said, if it’s the difference between putting up short-ish posts or none at all because long-ish ones seem daunting then go for the shorter ones. My recent posts seem to be in the 1,000 word region and I can type those quite fast. As a reader, if the info is interesting I’ll keep reading, if it isn’t then it doesn’t matter if it’s only a few hundred words.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

The bigger question is value: You’ll get more SEO bang from the longer post because it will have more keywords and concepts to catalog.

You’ll get more overall return from a post that’s relative to your audience, true to your topic, and delivers information in a way that is helpful and interesting. Bloggers need to take a lesson from fiction writers… keep the pages turning.

Rick Smith
    Participant

And the debate continues. 🙂

FWIW, I’ll probably use a mix, though I suspect they’ll tend to be on the shorter side (at least in the beginning) with links to all the YouTube content videos I’ve been recording.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.