Lueck's Laws For Success

by Bud Evans
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Coaching With Sean Mize Lueck's Laws For Success

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bud Evans
    Participant

This is not a question but something that some of you might enjoy and apply.

Lueck’s Laws For Success
    Prologue: The following laws of success I found on a bulletin board at Hanford when I worked there as a health physicist. I tracked down the manager that are posted them. They were on an old yellow sheet of paper that look like it’d been on that bulletin board for many years. Bernie Lueck who wrote these laws of success gave me the right to use them anyway I wanted to. There have been a great inspiration and have helped me through many difficult situations.
    The laws of success.
    The following are things I’ve learned over the years both the hard way and from good mentors now, you could spend hundreds of dollars attending seminars to have these words of wisdom laid upon you, for being generous person that I am, here they are in unabashed English free of charge. (For the full effect, imagine my hand is on your shoulder as you read these.)
    1. Don’t believe your own bullshit. When you start believing it you don’t know what’s real and you’ve lost control.
    2. Don’t wait for the tooth fairy. Nothing gets done unless YOU make it happen.
    3. Always use the system. You may beat it once in a while, but in the long run the system is faster and you maintain your credibility.
    4. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Again credibility is the issue.
    5. Keep the promises you make. One of the” great” secrets of success.
    6. If you don’t know ask. There is much wisdom in the saying “there’s no such thing as a dumb question”. However, it’s a lot easier to handle a dumb question than a dumb mistake.
    7. Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real. (Jules Verne) Don’t limit your thinking or creativity when problem-solving, it stagnates the organization and your career.
    8. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Just because everyone else is doing it wrong doesn’t make it right. Do it right! (The first time).
    9. Be professional and courteous to everyone you deal with. You never know who’s going to be your boss next week.
    10. Mistakes are our fault. If mistakes are made is because our system is wrong, we haven’t communicated our expectations properly.
    11. Remember, you create your own destiny, no one else. People who don’t believe this never get ahead, they just make excuses.
    12. Take care of your people first. They will determine whether you are a success or a failure.

Sean,
    If I am out of line with this just delete it.

Thanks,
    Bud

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Good stuff, Bud. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.