Membership Site

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Membership Site

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Don Sturgill 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

I’ve heard of Wild Apricot but I don’t know much about them. I have and use OptimizePress (a page builder similar to Thrive, etc.). It includes OptimizeMember (based on S2 Member) so that’s what I plan to use. The main reason is because I’ve already paid for it and I’ve paid to upgrade a couple of times. Secondly, I have a number of pages already written with that page builder and I don’t want to invest the time to switch. All of that said, in the old $5K membership site Sean linked to a pretty comprehensive discussion about membership software. Here’s the link to the comparison.

http://chrislema.com/paid-memberships-pro-review/

I also saved Sean’s articles on memberships from the $5K site. Since that was in a different membership, I probably shouldn’t post them here. But I know you were a member there so if you want them give me your email address and I’ll email them to you.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Keep it as simple as possible for both yourself and your members.

Recurring fees to developers can be a good sign as it means they have the money to keep developing but it can also mean you’re locked in ubless you want a major hassle to move. And it can mean that you don’t get features added (depends on developer)

S2Member that Rick mentioned is heavy duty & free – they make their money from the ultra-heavy-duty version – but it has a steep learning curve but you can pay someone on Fiverr to set it up for you.

Personally, I’ve just used a password protection plugin and a sub-domain for my membership. Low tech, cheap, easy, I can easily change if I feel the need to. That system worked for Search Engine News for the first decade of their existence so it’s not just small sites that do it.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

I agree. S2Member does have a steep learning curve. OptimizeMember is much easier to use. The people at OptimizePress did a great job of wrapping up the hard bits. Plus it’s free to OptimizePress users.

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

I got OptimizePress to use for membership. Right now I just use it for my theme on my blog and I use it for my pages (optin, sales, download). I’m focusing on building email list bigger before supporting a membership. Plus, I’ve only made 2 sales so far so I need to get more practice there!

blessings,
    Cynthia

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you all. Rick, my email is roadturn@gmail.com

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

I’ll send those articles to you but it might take a few days. My wife’s brother is terminally ill and we’re leaving in the morning for NC. We’ll get there sometime Wednesday afternoon. I’ll have Internet access while I’m there but I have to see what’s what and get everything set up first.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Rick… you guys have already provided plenty of info. I’ll keep it simple. Don’t worry about me; you’ve got your hands full. Prayers for all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.