OptimizePress Question

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything OptimizePress Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

I know there’s at least one other person here besides me who’s using OptimizePress. (Hi Cynthia. 🙂 ) There may be others so I thought I’d go ahead and ask this here.

As you may know, I’m finishing the order thank you page for my membership site. Here’s the link to the page.

Membership Thank You

I want to do something as simple as highlight (or bold but preferrably highlight) some of the text in the text block. I don’t see a way to do that when I edit the text block.

Searching for help in Google and on the OP site turned out like it often does; no useful results. I also posted the same question in the FB OP group. I got a “like” which I appreciate but that’s not real useful to me. Any ideas about how to do this? It’s OK if I have to add a little CSS. I’ve done that a few places already.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Below the skin, WordPress is just HTML and CSS.

At the top of normal posts – and I guess also OptimizePress ones assuming they use the built in editor – there’s two tabs, one says Visual, the other says Text.

Click the Text one and you’ll see all the HTML behind things.

Follow the instructions in method 3 (inline styling) on this page, then swap back to Visual to see it take effect.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

You’re correct. WP is just HTML and CSS under the skin. And yes. OptimizePress uses the built in editor. When using OP, you have a choice of using either the plugin or the theme. I’m using the theme because I’m using the OP blog settings. Do I have to do that? No. But I find it with the theme to be easier to give the site and the blog a consistent look and feel.

I’d already tried to bold some of the text with the editor and saw that it wasn’t bolded. I then looked at the HTML behind the text tab and saw the tags. When I saw it wasn’t working, I posted in the FB group and here. However, I didn’t know about the two plugins on the page you shared. I just tried CKEditor and it doesn’t work with OP. The editor doesn’t even open. That’s no surprise but OP has issues with a number of plugins. The good news is the RAD Text highlighter plugin works perfectly. Here’s the weird thing. The bolding is now working, too. 🙂 Thanks for the tip about those plugins.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Makes sense to use a consistent look and feel.

The link I sent – if it was me, I’d ignore the plugins and go down the “text” tab route and put in the relevant CSS style code for the bit I wanted highlighted.

But since it’s working npw, that’s the important thing!

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Rick,

I use their help desk a lot! Whenever I get stuck, I turn it over to them.

They are good. THey come through! Sometimes it takes going back and forth a lot, other times it’s a quick-answer-that-works.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Rick Smith
    Participant

Cynthia –

I’ve used their help desk more than once. They’re good but they’re often sloooooowwww….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.