OptimizePress Question

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything OptimizePress Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Smith 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Below the skin, WordPress is just HTML and CSS.

At the top of normal posts – and I guess also OptimizePress ones assuming they use the built in editor – there’s two tabs, one says Visual, the other says Text.

Click the Text one and you’ll see all the HTML behind things.

Follow the instructions in method 3 (inline styling) on this page, then swap back to Visual to see it take effect.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

You’re correct. WP is just HTML and CSS under the skin. And yes. OptimizePress uses the built in editor. When using OP, you have a choice of using either the plugin or the theme. I’m using the theme because I’m using the OP blog settings. Do I have to do that? No. But I find it with the theme to be easier to give the site and the blog a consistent look and feel.

I’d already tried to bold some of the text with the editor and saw that it wasn’t bolded. I then looked at the HTML behind the text tab and saw the tags. When I saw it wasn’t working, I posted in the FB group and here. However, I didn’t know about the two plugins on the page you shared. I just tried CKEditor and it doesn’t work with OP. The editor doesn’t even open. That’s no surprise but OP has issues with a number of plugins. The good news is the RAD Text highlighter plugin works perfectly. Here’s the weird thing. The bolding is now working, too. 🙂 Thanks for the tip about those plugins.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Makes sense to use a consistent look and feel.

The link I sent – if it was me, I’d ignore the plugins and go down the “text” tab route and put in the relevant CSS style code for the bit I wanted highlighted.

But since it’s working npw, that’s the important thing!

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Rick,

I use their help desk a lot! Whenever I get stuck, I turn it over to them.

They are good. THey come through! Sometimes it takes going back and forth a lot, other times it’s a quick-answer-that-works.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Rick Smith
    Participant

Cynthia –

I’ve used their help desk more than once. They’re good but they’re often sloooooowwww….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.