Part of An Email Exchange Between Sean and Rick

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Part of An Email Exchange Between Sean and Rick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean and I recently had an email exchange where I replied to his “I Need Your Help Email.” (Isn’t it great to see Sean use the same tools he teaches us to use? I’m serious. Other trainers basically do as I say, not as I do.) That part of the email exchange isn’t particularly important to this discussion. What’s important here is this. At the end of that email Sean asked me the following question.

Sean’s question:

by the way, what is the biggest reason you’ve had such a big jump in implementation lately?

My reply:

Interesting question. I hadn’t noticed that I’d had a big jump in implementation recently. I’ve just basically been putting my head down and getting the work done. I suppose it amounts to getting more and more serious about the time I’m putting into getting the site done.

When I started taking All Access seriously in early June (when I went through the Goal Furnace), I began by committing to spend at least an hour per day on my IMB. But as I’ve been working on it, watching the kind of dedication Keye, and Remcy, and Cynthia have for what they’re doing, it has pushed me to work harder on my own IMB. So instead of allowing myself the excuse of “being tired” at night to prevent me from working on the site, I’ve just been sucking it up and putting in another hour (often much more) working on the site. I can only watch so many re-runs of “Family Feud.”<g>

The other thing is focusing on the ONE Thing. I’m liking that method of action/project/time management better than anything I’ve tried. And writing that last sentence finally revealed to me the answer. I could have said all of that in one phrase (but it took me that long to get to it): “determining my ONE Thing for the day and focusing on it relentlessly, eliminating distractions and ignoring bright, shiny objects.”

Anyway, I posted this here for what it’s worth. Maybe someone else can learn from it or get value from it.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Amen! Thanks, Rick! I can relate totally…it seems I run in spurts…I will work really, really well on my business one week…then slack off…and when I realize another week is almost finished and I haven’t accomplished a lot on my site…I kick in and do “some work”…then slack off again…I think “consistency” is where I need to focus…that “ONE THING” idea is something that I’ve been trying to do…but I have so many tasks that have to be accomplished each day – I find if I don’t jump in first thing in the AM (and I’m talking 5am-ish) then I “may or may not” get “anything” done that day. F-O-C-U-S is what I need to keep telling myself!

Don Sturgill
    Participant

You got it, Rick.

Distractions are the bane of productivity, and Sean is relentless in getting rid of them.

Thank you for sharing this.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob & Don –

Consistency, focus, and eliminating distractions are the things I’m working hardest on right now.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Folks I gotta weigh in on this.

I fight this battle EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I don’t open my computer until I AM CLEAR on my daily activity.

yes, that means if I start working at 9 AM and don’t have clear direction, I don’t open my computer until I do – even if it’s 1 PM

(ever wonder why I sometimes don’t respond until afternoon??)

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

It’s good to know that we’re not alone in the battle to stay focused and undistracted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.