Right Fit?

by Alvin Arntson
in
Comments are off for this post.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ley Gal 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

If this were a course on “Make Millions using your voice” I would agree with you, but it isn’t! Using your voice is only one small aspect of this business model. Or, it can be as much or as little as you prefer.

Look for the things you can do. Research, write, post, have someone voice-over your product if you need. And, so you know, coaching scares me! I am definitely not ready to get in someone’s face and talk to them over video or audio either one. True, I don’t have your handicap, but that doesn’t stop me from being scared to do it.

Do your research, writing, etc. Create content for your email list, for your blog (if you have one,) and for your product. Create power points and write a script for what needs to be said. Then, hire someone to voice-over for you. Hey, you could even get a woman with a sexy voice if you like.

How many videos have I seen that have no voice at all? Many How-to videos are often made up of mouse movements and text overlays to music. The advantage is that someone could translate and overlay new text and use it in another language. Again, voice-over works wonders.

Even if I only had email access to Sean, I would still stick with him. He doesn’t need his voice to coach me.

Your question should not be ‘Is this a fit?’, but “Do I have a better option right now?”

• What can you do without your voice?
    • Can you create a squeeze page?
    • Can you create a give-away ebook?
    • Can you write emails?
    • Can you answer questions?
    • Have you outgrown your current model?

Sean outgrew his model. He used to coach via email. Can you? He went to telesiminars to save time, and now, he has withdrawn his email coaching and turned strictly to his telesiminars.

I know he can get things done much faster by speaking than by writing. I tried it. It didn’t work for me. I get choked up and I sound like crap! So, I write. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime, but for now, I move forward with what I have.

I went to a funeral a few years ago. The pastor of a over 2000 attendants led the sermon. Guess what, he probably sounded like you. His voice was raspy, his speech was slurred, his voice went from quiet to overly loud, but he still pastored 2000 attending members. He couldn’t have pastored my wife or most people I know, but he had his followers, and you’ll get yours, too.

The real question for me, a consumer, is “Do you have the answer I desperately want?” If so, I won’t turn you away when I hear your voice. True, it might be hard to get my attention in an ad or squeeze page, so don’t use it there. Build up what you can with what you have and worry about the future when you get there.

That’s what I am doing.

(A little P.S.)

When I hit a wall, I reevaluate how I can keep moving, and I make the best possible choices to keep moving forward. Even though Sean teaches a different model than I am working with, I chose to have him as my coach. Because I know he will teach me things I can use to build my model. He knows most of the things I need to know to succeed. Even if all I did were to set up affiliate blogs and multiple written products, I know Sean can teach things I need to know. What he can’t teach, I can find. In the meantime, I am moving forward with his help.

Don’t jump ship at the first sign of resistance. If you have a better option, someone who has a model you prefer more and experience more compatible to you, then, by all means, take that into consideration when you make your choice. But, believe me, the grass is not always greener on the other side. If it is, be careful so you don’t fall into the septic tank. 🙂

The choice is yours. Just make it wisely and choose only what can help move you forward in your business.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Another idea is to just write . . write articles, books, etc – you can create an entire membership just writing . .

Sean

Alvin Arntson
    Participant

Thank you Buck and Sean! Also what I failed to mention is I have shaky hands too, so typing is slow (Parkinson’s). I will likely need to try Dragon Naturally Speaking (if it can understand my voice).

Regards,

Al

Buck McDaniel
    Participant

Get’em done however you can! Keep plugging at it! You’ll make it AND you’ll be an inspiration to all of us and those to come!

Mark Rhodes
    Participant

Hey, Al.

I believe you will figure out a way that works. Perhaps you can work “how I overcame physical limitations” into your story.

I’ve used Dragon Naturally a little and will be pulling it out again myself. The software is supposed to learn your voice better with use, so don’t give up on day one.

Also, I have had two voice over clients in the past, if that might be a helpful resource for you. The first one is Peter Fenstermacher. Great male voice and a fine person. I can dig up an email address for referral. I know I have it.

I wish I could remember the other person’s last name. It must have been 12 or maybe even 15 years ago. She had quite a story herself. Jackie (Jacqueline) something or other. She was from the UK, lived in New England when she called me, had married an American who was no longer in the picture, was going blind…and had the most delicious British voice. I’d hire her in an instant.

Mark

Katherine Logan
    Participant

Thanks, Sean, I also feel much more confident in writing. My voice sounds pretty flat and unanimated, at least to me, but I love to write. As far as coaching, I’d consider coaching via Skype Instant Message, and maybe people with voice problems could do so too. there’s always a way to get around our disabilities. My hearing isn’t as good as it used to be, but a lot of Deaf people use texting and Instant Messaging, so it should be possible to coach via Skype, albeit more slowly. I am however, very interested in publishing to Kindle and CreateSpace, as well as articles and blog posts. I used to write a lot of devotionals for a devotional book my church put out once a year. I’d find myself volunteering for another devotional. That was over 40 years ago, but I do regularly write entries in my journal and notes for my business (which will be part of my holistic ministry) Victory Infopublishing. It’s helping me get confidence for actually writing articles on the issues getting between people and confidence.

Well, that’s my two cents, anyway. Hope I’m being clear here. 😉

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I;m gonna be tough here.

Like a mentor.

Or father Sean

or old an old grumpy man

just like I would say to anyone with a roadblock or a challenge:

you gotta find a way.

You’ve got to decide, deep in your inner core – that something’s going to change.

That YOU are going to make that change happen.

That you are going to find a way.

And then you are going to have to search until you find the way that will work for you.

And then you’ll have to work hard to make it happen.

Yes, I know that’s tough,

But I sense that’s what you need to hear.

Sean

Ley Gal
    Participant

Very good points from Sean and all others
    I liked so much this from Buck
    “The real question for me, a consumer, is “Do you have the answer I desperately want?”
    and this from Mark Perhaps you can work “how I overcame physical limitations” into your story.

And this from Sean
    And then you’ll have to work hard to make it happen.

Because I found that Action is the key and or me is the hard thing.

Cheers
    Ley

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.