SEO Plugins?

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything SEO Plugins?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Smith 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Personally I use Yoast – it’s a bit bloated and quite pushy to upgrade to their paid options.

If it doesn’t play well with Optimize Press then it could be worth asking them which plugins do work with their (fussy!) software – that should save a lot of trial and error.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

I’m not very computer proficient (learning as I go – therefore, trial and error is the name of the game for me). That being said, I have intentionally left off as many plugins as I can…I tend to just put things on FaceBook, Twitter. I know I’m missing out on a lot of connections, but if I were to venture down that road right now – I feel it would be too distracting and I would get lost in the process.

Sorry I could not offer any resolution – but I wanted you to know that I am following what you are posting, Rick!

Bob

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

You’re right. Yoast is somewhat bloated and they do push their premium platform quite a bit. And you’re also right about OptimizePress being somewhat fussy. They do have a list of incompatible plugins. I already checked it. Yoast isn’t on the list. There are a few posts in the knowledgebase about issues with Yoast, none of which are really resolved.

I did a bit of testing last night, and as it turns out, it looks like the only real issue is the fact that Yoast doesn’t properly read the pages created with OptimizePress when it scans then for its dashboard data. It seems the sitemap gets created fine and the pages render fine if I select them from the sitemap. So that means the spiders should be able to crawl the pages.

Bob –

You know who the pioneers are, don’t you? The ones with arrows in their backs! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.