Setting Up the "Log In Page" question…

by Bob Thibodeau
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Setting Up the "Log In Page" question…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Hey Everyone…

I’m confused on setting up the “Log In” form as we have been discussing…I also am using Get Response. How can I set up the “login” page (I have it as a “Landing Page” in Get Response with just First Name and Email Address). I had to “link it” to it’s own autoresponder – but I have left that auto responder as blank. I have made sure every setting I could find for double opt in is off.

The question I have is this: If I use this “landing page” for product “A” – How do I link it to the download page once they hit “submit”? Do I use the autoresponder? If I do that, I will not be able to use that landing page for any other products because it will automatically “launch” everyone into the autoresponder… Do I link it to a page on my website? If so, How do I do that? Use the “other URL” function for the redirect? IF I do that, six months down the road and I have 10 different products…do I create 10 different “landing pages” that look identical, but each is independent for a specific product? I’m thinking that may be the solution…but what do you think?

Sean?
    Anyone else who is running into this?

Thanks for the input!

Bob

PS – I originally posted this to Rick Smith’s question…so if you are reading “duplicate” – that’s why…But Rick and I are kind of collaborating…So I wanted to get his thoughts on how he is tackling this subject! 🙂

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob –

As it turns out, I don’t have to do this. That’s because my membership plugin allows me to enter a different GetResponse campaign for each membership level. (My membership plugin allows multiple levels. For my first membership site I’m using only two levels – free [which is required] and paid.) Because the plugin handles this the buyer is automatically subscribed to the campaign I select for that level in the plugin. The “login” form we’re talking about here handles this functionality. Therefore, because my plugin handles this in the manner I’ve described, I won’t require the “login” form. All of that said, here’s how I was gonna handle it. So maybe this will give you an idea.

In PayPal I setup the order thank you page to display the page that you just tested for me. If my plugin hadn’t handled the functionality “automatically,” my plan was to instead create the “login/opt-in” form we’re talking about and use that as the order thank you page in PayPal. Then, once the buyer pressed the OK button on the opt-in form, the button would call an order thank you page similar to what you tested.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Bob

I just answered this here” http://createsoft.wpengine.com/forums/topic/your-opinion-on-adding-a-login-form-to-my-order-thank-you-page/page/2/#post-5629

sorry for the delay, I got lost after Thanksgiving!

Sean

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.