Should I "Personalize" Squeeze Pages?

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Should I "Personalize" Squeeze Pages?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

In several of Sean’s audios he talks about creating separate squeeze pages for each traffic source. I did this when I participated in the Self Improvement Gifts Giveaway. I plan to do this for YouTube, etc. That’s pretty much a no brainer to make it relatively easy to track the source(s) of one’s best traffic.

My question is this. Should I “personalize” each of the traffic squeeze pages to make it more “personal” to that traffic? Here’s what I mean by that. For the SI Gifts Giveaway, I added the following superhead (above the headline). “Friends of the Ultimate Personal Development Giveaway – If You’re Looking to Remove Your Excess Weight and Finally Keep It Off, You’ve Come to the Right Place…”

Doing that on each of the traffic squeeze pages would be a relatively simple matter. I’ve about decided to do it. What are your thoughts?

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Not tried it but gut reaction is it shouldn’t harm and might well help.

The obvious answer is split test if you’ve got enough traffic going to the pages but next best would be track it over a period of time – depending on how you’re displaying the optin form and which autoresponder company you use, you may have some stats in there so you’d be able to compare roughly the same number of impressions over time.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Trevor –

Thanks. I think I’m gonna do it. I’m not to the point of split testing yet. I’m still building the content so ppl don’t see/hear crickets when they come to the site. BTW, I now see why Sean says we should begin building our expert presence even before we start driving traffic. I wish I’d been doing that all along on this site.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

I think personalization is the way to go.

Just like with your sales letter, personalizing your message to a specific audience will more than likely get better results.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

One concern would be whether those pages are accessible only by those audiences or may be accessed by other prospects who don’t fit the criteria.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna & Don –

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.