Single Opt-in vs. Double Opt-in

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Single Opt-in vs. Double Opt-in

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cynthia Leighton 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Autoresponder companies prefer you to use double opt-in but that’s mainly from the spam complaint side of things – their logic is that double opt-ins are less likely to claim subsequent emails are spam.

Aweber default to double opt-in but you can change that on the list settings screen which is what I do. Get Response are usually very similar in features and their help says it’s do-able.

As far as I know, Sean’s email is part of his recent case study and it was one of his requirements that you got taken directly to the download page. I guess there’s some behind the scenes code to get the one-time opt-in working for all lists.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Hey, I’ll weigh in on this . . if you are getting good clean traffic, single optin is usually good. You’ll know if you need to switch to double because you are getting too many spam complaints – but honestly, if you are getting too many spam complaints generally speaking either your emails are not good and people don’t like them, or you are getting lousy leads and that needs to change.

Autoresponder companies like double optin because it tells them someone really wants to be on your list.

I believe that I should focus on ONLY getting folks on my list who WANT to be there, so I’m ok with single optin, because of my targeting.

Sean

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Rick,

I’m doing double optin from the pragmatic practical side right now. I plan to stick with Aweber and if you get too many spam complaints you lose your ability to choose between single and confirmed optin in Aweber accounts. Once I get my campaign in place and know all is running smoothly, I want to switch to single optin. I do not want to lose that timeframe’s option to choose single optin before I get to having a campaign with products available.
    blessings,
    Cynthia

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Rick,

Oh! The logic part got left out on my post. Oops. If I lose single optin as an option, then my confirmed optin is already built and automatically goes into play the moment Aweber cuts me loose from single optin.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.