Sometimes Maybe It's Better to NOT Implement Something

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Sometimes Maybe It's Better to NOT Implement Something

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Thibodeau 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Donna Walsh
    Participant

I Agree Rick.

Sometimes things are just not worth the time and effort!

I kinda look at everything people tell me to do as ROI, IS the return worth the investment in either time or effort? If I can’t answer Yes, I don’t do it.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Donna –

Yup. Just because X number of people are doing something or think it’s great, doesn’t mean you (the collective you) should do it. In this case, “The Miracle Morning” series is a runaway best seller. There are some 80K+ people in the FB group. Like I said, I read a couple of the books. They were good but not earth shattering for me. I’d been doing for years much of what the books teach so I just didn’t see any benefit in implementing anything else from the books. And I left the FB group.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Hey Rick,

You’re right, sometimes it’s best NOT to implement something…especially if it is adding to the work you have to do without producing tangible results. I’ve scaled back on some activities and have implemented a “strict schedule” that allows me to focus on “that one thing” that needs to get done. Once I have that, I move on the “next one thing” that is in line.

Some days I am able to complete 4-5 tasks; some days 1 or 2 (it all depends on how much detail goes into it). I tried to make a “to do list” a few weeks back. It was on January 19th and had 20 items on the list. I made it down 4 on day one; 3 more on day 2; 1 more on day 3…then I started “adding” additional tasks to the bottom…and some of them have taken priority over things put on there before…Now, I just use the list to keep track of things that need to get done…without any priority listing to them. I review it in the morning and pick “that one thing” that needs to be done “today” and go after it.

I also get up at 5am most days. I find the quite time invigorating. The time I get to spend in Bible Study and prayer is one of the things I refuse to give up to other things…If I have to leave early (like this morning, I had an appointment I had to be at by 730 and had to leave by 7am…so I was up at 430 to get my Bible Study and prayer in first).

Keep it up Rick! I’ve been following you and Cynthia and Trevor and a few others…just because you haven’t heard from me in awhile doesn’t mean I’ve disappeared…just busy working my plan.

Bob

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob –

Good. Don’t disappear! More to come. We’re following similar plans to get things done, though I set priorities on many tasks. Other than that, I pick the ONE Thing like you do.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Hey Rick…

I’m still here…just busy as heck. The interview concept took off like gangbusters…I ended up with 17 interviews in 14 days, with 7 more scheduled over the next week.

Plus side, I did pick up a several opportunities to “advertise” on others social media via the interview…so hopefully that will send some traffic to the website.

I’m still working on the content for the training – I was not expecting this massive amount of responses for interviews…

I stopped my advertising for the moment while I finish up the editing and the last few interviews. Then I will be able to work some more on the content of the training.

Overall – I think I “found my niche” where I’m considered an “expert.”

That being said, I’m not taking anything for granted. I want to make sure I have “almost” all the t’s crossed and “i’s” dotted before I do another round of ads. The good news is, my list is growing while I do this…so the next round should do well also…maybe even begin to generate some traffic to the training program.

Keep it up Rick, Cynthia, Trevor…and I see Donna on here a lot as well lately! Good job, Donna!

Don’t worry folks…I’m still here!

Talk Soon,

Bob

Rick Smith
    Participant

Bob –

That’s fantastic! Keep it up!

I may come to you for some of your expertise. I registered a new domain yesterday, yourweightlossonfire.com. I was gonna start setting it up today but I ran into a roadblock. I’ll post about that separately. That site will be for my podcast. That’s my major project for this month, to set up my podcast. I’m planning on using the interview format quite a bit, maybe not as extensively as you are but it will be a major component. I’ve been putting together a list of potential interview guests.

Donna Walsh
    Participant

Gratz Bob!

That is really wonderful. Glad you are doing so well.

Bob Thibodeau
    Participant

Just let me know how I can help Rick!
    Thanks Donna!

Bob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.