What Plugin Are You Using for the Forums?

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What Plugin Are You Using for the Forums?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

I’m curious to know what plugin you’re using for the forums. Getting the accountability section (while I’m “appropriating” directly from you 🙂 ) of my site set up is the next step I’m working on. I have bbPress installed and I got the actual forums (“Ask Anything” and “Accountability” – sound familar???? 🙂 ) configured this morning. But there’s something weird going on. I have the page configured (I believe correctly) based on some posts I found online. The forums and topics within the forums show up correctly. However, the first post of a topic doesn’t show up. I’ve only spent a couple of hours on it so far. I’m gonna take a look at Simple:Press and see if that’s any better. I don’t wanna spend too much time on this but I would like to get it working.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

I use bbpress

not sure why the first post isn’t showing, you might want to ask for help from someone here on the forum who knows wordpress

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

I thought it looked like bbPress. I’m gonna start a new thread. The situation has degenerated since I posted the original question. I’m starting to get frustrated. I’ve done pretty well maintaining my cool up to this point. But I can feel my calm slipping away.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

With some help from a gentleman on the OptimizePress FB group (it wasn’t an OP issue, it was a WP issue as I suspected), it appears that the situation is resolved. This morning I did some testing with bbPress on a test site I have. (It doesn’t matter if I hose up that site and have blow it away and start over. The only thing I’ll lose there is some time.) I added a couple of other plugins to it and got it looking pretty good. My next step is to install it on my membership site and see what happens.

I didn’t completely lose my cool over the situation yesterday. Ok. I did better than I’ve done in the past but as the situation disintegrated I felt myself slowly slipping into my old pattern. I’m getting better with it. I’m not perfect at it yet.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

Turns out it was a conflict between bbPress and the OptimizePress theme. It worked on my test site because I was using one of the standard WP themes, not the OP theme. I have the OP plugin installed on that site. I found out this morning about a couple of additional plugins (one I knew about from yesterday) that would make it work with the OP theme. But I got it going yesterday with the Simple:Press plugin. It doesn’t seem to have any conflicts with the OP theme. At this point, I’m not willing to invest any more time in this issue to make bbPress work. I spent waaaaay too much time on it as it was.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.