What's Your Story?

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything What's Your Story?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rick Smith
    Participant

I consume a lot of audio material. That’s because I typically work out a total of several hours per week and I walk most afternoons at least 2 miles (typically). To keep my mind engaged while doing these activities that can be boring at times, I listen to audios, (usually business building audios – most often Sean’s audios).

So this week, since I’d listened to all of Sean’s audios that I had queued up, I started listening to the Story Branding podcast. You can see their website at buildingastorybrand.com. While I was listening to the first episode, I got to wondering something. I started wondering if I had a story worth telling and if so, what it was.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks! I absolutely have a story! My story is my weight loss journey, how I went from weighing 180 pounds when I got married to gaining 153 pounds and getting up to 333 pounds, then how I went from 333 pounds back down to 216 pounds in a little over 2 1/2 years, then how I’m maintaining that weight loss even now (I was at 228.3 pounds this morning). The next chapter of my story is my 100 million pound challenge (which is why I registered the appropriate domain name for that challenge). This is the story I tell on my website and the story I’ll tell on the 100 million pound challenge site once I start it.

Here’s the aha moment for me. Yes, I do have a great story! I’m VERY passionate about changing lives by telling that story and teaching my principles to anyone who will listen. And… every single person on this site has a great story. I’ve heard many of them through the forums, on the live calls, and one on one phone calls with a couple of you.

So if you start wondering if you have a worthwhile story to tell, trust me you do. If you don’t know what your story is, ask me. I’ll tell you!!! 🙂

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Rick,

I’d love to hear some stories.

I have several.

One is I feel empowered to help folks become financially independent, not dependent on a boss.

I want to change lives in many ways.

And that’s what drives me to do this even when I don’t feel like it.

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

I love discussions like this. It causes me to think about my story going forward and my passionate for it and I get even more passionate about it.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

When you have your story solid in your mind, it can give you energy each day.

I don’t always feel like working, but when I think about my story and the lives I change each day and the goals I have – that empowers me!

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

Absolutely!

Don Sturgill
    Participant

My story is one of seeing people living in despair despite the gifts they have and the opportunities available. I build bridges between despair and hope, between I can’t and I can.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

I think you have a great story. I got to thinking about what you said above and what I saw in your most recent accountability post. I’m thinking they’re might be some common ground we can explore.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Get in touch any time, Rick: roadturn@gmail.com

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

I’LL be in touch. Gotta get my basic membership site finished first. That’s my main focus right now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.