Which Problem To Solve For Clients?

by Richard Beck
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Which Problem To Solve For Clients?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Beck
    Participant

Ladies and Gents,

This has plagued me for a while….

Which problem to solve for Clients?

A little about me…

Education… I have a B. S. in Education – Secondary Mathematics, a Master of Computer Information Systems, all the Accounting requirements to sit for the Colorado Certified Public Account exam and some work toward a Doctorate of Business Administration.

Certifications… 18 technical certifications

Industry Experience… Three years of classroom teaching… Two years of Fund Accounting… and twenty-two years in Consulting (Software and Web Development).

“Other” Experience… I went through a divorce several years ago… I went on a “binge reading” frenzy about relationships… I want to be sure I could learn all I could from my past and apply it to my next marriage. I found online dating could be another “full time” job. This lead me to create a “system” I used for online dating… This saved me tons of time… In the end, I found my new wife. 🙂

With all of that being written, here are what I think are “Problems To Solve” for my Clients (for the lack of a better phrase)…

Problem to Solve:

Entrepreneurs or small business owners want to turn their idea into software to sell or to help their own business… But, they don’t know anything about Software Development.

Solution:

I’d teach Entrepreneurs step by step how to quickly and reliably outsource their Software Development.

This is not about finding the “cheapest” Developers. This is about using my “tools” and system to create their software, hiring more valuable Developers and decreasing their software’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).

I’ve studied this extensively for over two decades… It goes way beyond what the “Propellerhead Programmers” have pondered… It essentially shifts the focus from “writing code” to asking “What is the quickest and most reliable way to reach our end goal?” Using my knowledge and experience, I’ve shaved 40% to 90% off development time while drastically increasing reliability.

Front End Products:

I envision I would have various Information Products as a “front end” leading to my services.

Back End Products:

Services and Coaching

How would I find Clients?

I could use the online methods Sean recommends……

Problem to Solve:

Business owners want to earn more cash…

Solution:

I would help small businesses with their web site Copywriting, e-mail sequences, “old” customer engagement, finding new customers, setting up business processes, automating business processes, etc.

Front End Products:

I envision I would have various Information Products as a “front end” leading to my services.

Back End Products:

Services and Coaching

I could use the online methods Sean recommends, public speaking …… and (drum roll)… everyone’s favorite… Cold Calling! I have done Cold Calling before professionally… I actually prefer it to going to “Networking” events. Maybe, I’m a little “twisted.”

Problem to Solve:

Men want to find a woman for a serious relationship or marriage…

Solution:

I would teach a step by step system how to find a woman for a serious relationship… For a variety of reasons, including my religious beliefs, it would not be a Pick Up Artist (PUA) program…. It would be more like the movie Hitch. 🙂

Front End Products:

Back End Products:

Services and Coaching

Problem to Solve:

People want to create products besides PDFs or videos that they can give away or sell…

Solution:

I created a “simple software creator” that uses “recipes.” When I first saw this type of software, I thought it was very limited. Once I stepped back and looked at it, it has a surprising amount of flexibility.

Front End Products:

I would sell a monthly subscription to my “simple software creator”….

Back End Products:

Services and Coaching

The tough part is deciding which one is “right.” I know many people are looking to “find job they love… so, they’ll never work.” That is an awesome long term goal…

At this point, I’m looking to utilize my current skills and experience to get something up and running ASAP while I’m formulating my “dream business.”

I’d appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,

Rich

Richard Beck
    Participant

Ladies and Gents,

I tried to edit my original post…. But, after logging in and logging out a few times, I had no luck editing my original post… So, I had to make this a separate post.

I thought of one more…

Problem to Solve:

People want to lose weight and live longer…

Solution:

I’ve studied detoxification, health, nutrition and supplementation for the last 35+ years. I was able to go from 28% body fat to 10% body fat. My “lifestyle plan” was laughed at by my friends who were Pharmacy majors… One guy actually wanted to stage an “intervention” because he was totally convinced I was taking anabolic steroids.

Front End Products:

Back End Products:

Services and Coaching

I could use the online methods Sean recommends…… and public speaking.

The challenge for this… I need to go back on “my program” to be an example of what results I can get for Clients. 🙂

I’d appreciate your thoughts and suggestions on both posts.

Thanks,

Rich

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Yikes – so many ways to go, all of which potentially profitable, lots of them decidedly competitive.

Pick one!

If you’re not sure which, put each main heading on a 3×5 card (probably niches within them as well – you’ve got lots in those posts and each could be a good business on its own) and lay them out on a table. Pick the one that leaps out at you most.

Build a following. Use your own website (long term but gives more control) plus Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SlideShare as appropriate so that you tap into other ready made markets.

Keep at it with daily emails even if you’re initially the only one reading them – the practice helps a lot.

Listen to Sean’s various audios for ideas – follow the main structure then cherry pick additional ones from the main members page that resonate most with you as you’re more likely to follow them.

Actually do whatever it is you’ve decided, report back regularly in the accountability section (nothing like being “watched” to help push you to do things), listen to the regular training calls and if you’re able to get to them live use the Q&A sessions to get focus.

Running 100 different directions at once usually means you end up spinning your wheels.

Richard Beck
    Participant

Trevor,

I appreciate your thoughtful post…

No matter what Market one enters… there will be competition. If there is no competition, there is usually no money to be made. That is the way business is.

Back in “the day,” it was all the rage to look for “untapped” Markets. Those were usually “flash in the pan” types of “businesses.”

Actually, those weren’t sustainable businesses. Those were more like “loopholes.” Unfortunately, some people “doubled down” on these… and lost their shirt.

In the past, I’ve worked through lots of exercises to whittle it down…

The thing I keep coming back to is “Business owners want to earn more cash…”

This stands out because many “offline businesses” are missing so many steps in their Marketing and Business processes…. There is a plethora of products and services I could offer that would provide measurable results.

I love that I can simply pick up the phone and cold call businesses… That is a massive plus… I don’t see B2B cold calling going away anytime soon in the US of A.

I could also go speak to a variety of organizations and business groups… That is an awesome way to “get myself out there.”

Thank God… I’ve resisted running in 100 different directions… Instead, I’ve been focusing on building my skills that will be needed in all Markets.

All The Best,

Rich

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Agreed that all markets are competitive to a degree, just seemed that the ones you mentioned were at the higher end of the scale.

The “trick” with skills that apply to all markets is to niche them down – Dan Kennedy has talked about the idea of changing the title sheet of his Magnetic Marketing to (say) Magnetic Marketing for Plumbers & adding an intro chapter for that market. Suddenly people realise the product applies to them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.