Who Do I Serve?

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Who Do I Serve?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Don Sturgill
    Participant

FIRST: If you’ve not yet listened to Sean’s faith-based training from today, don’t miss it. Pure power: http://events.instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=89305743

It’s a tough question to narrow down. The natural response is, “Everyone can benefit from my course.”

I’m finding that the audience I think I want to speak with (men over 50) really aren’t all that interested in personal growth (or so it seems). They’re comfortable with a big belly and a retirement income.

That is making me think deeper about my product in general.

The DEEP helps folks go beyond stuck points and conquer problems that have kicked their butts time and time again. Maybe weight loss. Maybe health issues in general. Maybe letting others dictate their lives.

Men over 50 have made it through the jungle and don’t feel that heat. They are in control and happy, by and large.

I’m afraid I’m aiming my product at guys like me, but most guys like me aren’t like me. Thank God.

What tactics have you used to hone in on your market and adjust your products to suit that market?

Cynthia Leighton
    Participant

Don,

Yes, I just listened to it too – only got to email after it happened otherwise I would have been there live. Oh well!

Tactics I’m using to hone in on my market include Sean’s suggestion to pick one kind of focus of where people are coming from and go with it, adding/refining later. I’ve picked a place to be and am going through the learning curve preparing to be present. And tomorrow my conference call will give me my third installment of me-talking to put into products to offer as a first go. As in, tactic is taking action, staying focused and having one thing I’m preparing myself to establish myself with, for a first run at it.

blessings,
    Cynthia

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Narrowing down your niche is important and as a man who’s over 50 I’d say that there’s still a market. Almost certainly one that’s willing and able to spend the money

A quick search showed that Men’s Health has targeted that age group, a site called MenProvement.com has articles for that age group, lots of fitness & weight related articles for the age group, About.com says they’re great lovers 🙂

Personally I’d add the qualifier “men over 50” to some of my blog posts (I’ve done it on a couple with internet marketing) so that they know it’s for them, not some teenager.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you, Cynthia and Trevor. Your comments are much appreciated.

I’ve been rolling the question around all day: “Who do I serve?”

Going back to my initial planning sequence in the Blueprint, I wrote: “Writing, speaking, and teaching on health of body, mind, and Spirit.”

That’s definitely still the gist of it, but I need a sharper focus in order to develop a class.

Here’s what I realized today: My passion really is for those who have tried and tried and tried… but keep failing. I’m not trying to reach the strong, capable, got-it-made folks. I’m after the ones who can’t figure it out, can’t seem to get it done, and are about ready to give up for good. I love folks like that. They’re just like me!

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

So then the question becomes… where can you find these folks? Where do they hang out online?

Don Sturgill
    Participant

I’m speaking here at the risk of getting booted from Sean’s client list, Rick… but I’m not sure that niche is yet well enough defined. I’ll use the tenets from today’s training to look a little deeper.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

You and I have a similar dilemma. The overall universe of ppl seeking self-improvement is huge. For example, http://www.selfgrowth.com/ shows that they have 2 million visitors per month. The challenge for you is that the group you’re seeking is a sub-niche of the overall niche.

For me, the overall universe of ppl who want to lose weight is also incredibly large. But the ppl I’m most interested in (the 15 million ppl that the NIH says are 100 pounds or more overweight) are a sub-niche of that group. Will my information work for anyone wanting to lose weight? Of course. But targeting the sub-niche is my goal.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Sean explained it well this morning. Start narrow and expand as you go and grow (if you wish).

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

Don

keep in mind, if 90% of people are happy and satisfied with being “pot bellied and with their retirement income” – those people aren’t your prospects.

The other 10% who realize they want to make a change ARE your prospects – and there are millions of them.

It’s just like with me – not everyone wants to hear my message – but they don’t count – they don’t want my help.

Same with you – the people who DON’T see they have a need – aren’t your prospects.

Focus on the people WITH the challenges YOU have and you’ll find there’s a huge sea of them.

Speak directly to them in everything you do and you’ll attract people with the needs you can help.

Sean

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Thank you, Sean. That makes sense. I’ve been looking at the “empty” end of the cup.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

yeah, that makes sense –

it’s easy to do

that’s what I’m here for – to help you refocus

Sean

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.