Will This Work?

by Don Sturgill
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Will This Work?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Don Sturgill 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Kind-of like the idea but think it’s too confusing. I know this isn’t a sales letter but it took me a couple of times to figure out what was being offered.

Keep in mind it’s usually a lot easier to sell a “want” rather than a “need” – next to no-one needs a Big Mac or a Nandos but lots of people want them.

Personally (although I could easily be wrong) I think most of the points are needs.

This isn’t meant as criticism, it just needs to be answered on a “what’s in it for me” basis in the handful of seconds the average small business owner will initially spend on the sales page.

Some of the pricing I’d say is too low e.g. get mentioned on another website – that kind of outreach is time consuming unless it’s just on a Web 2.0 property that you’ve created (in which case why would I want it because it probably won’t be worth much unless you promote that as well)

Some are too high without a lot of proof in the copy e.g. hosting – as a small business I’ve probably got hosting via my website designer at substantially less than $45/month and I probably either update WordPress myself or (more likely) let things just happen if they decide to happen; $45 upwards for an article when I can get them on Fiverr (always assuming you want to write yet another article on lawn mowing or whatever). And what’s the difference between the 1 point article and the 3 point one that makes the 3 point one worth triple the price?

Put yourself in the shoes of your target small business. Time pressed, maybe cash pressed, hassled by cold phone calls and emails promising the earth. What do they want? Probably more cash in the till. How can you deliver that? What will you charge, spelled out in terms a 10 year old could grasp? What guarantees are there that they’re not just wasting their cash again? What makes you different?

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Great feedback, Trevor. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.