Would You use Free Access Blog Posts on a Paid Membership Site ?

by Rick Salas
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything Would You use Free Access Blog Posts on a Paid Membership Site ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Salas 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Your choice – both models work and you could use the free articles to promote the membership much the same as Sean does when he says on a training that he could teach for 10/100/whatever hours so there’s more to learn.

This site (the one you’re looking at now) mixes free and member content.

Other sites keep them separate.

Bill Myers users teasers from the article to drive memberships – he’s been doing that for as long as I can remember and sells his own software from the site as well – look for the “powered by MemberGate” link at the end of the page. It’s a pricey solution but you can do something similar with various WordPress plugins.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Rick –

I’m going to post free blog posts on a membership site. See my home page at http://yourpathtoweightloss.com. I’ll also be adding a podcast in a couple of months. That will be free as well.

Trevor –

Bill Myers. There’s a blast from the past. I’d completely forgotten about him. Interesting to see he’s still kicking.

Rick Salas
    Participant

Thanks for that great information Trevor. I appreciate that. One more question… What would you think about those free blog posts on the membership site being in text but the whole membership trainings are uploaded and posted in audio? Do you think there would be a disconnect between people who are attracted to text but notice that the membership lessons are in audio? It looks like that blog you posted for me to check out has all the membership lessons in text. Do you think it would matter much if people who are reading a blog post in text will want to get the rest of the training on that blog post topic in audio? I was just wondering because I don’t know of a good way to tell people, to get the rest of the training, join my membership where you can get the full training in audio. Do you think mentioning that the rest of the training, that is a paid membership audio for that blog topic is all that important? I guess I am just having a hard time telling people how to get the paid training in audio from a free blog post on the membership site that is in text. I see free text posts leading to more of the paid training in text from that site you showed me, which is attractive but you think it’s that much of a big deal and if so what can might be good to say, at the end of the blog post to get them interested in the rest of the training (paid membership) in audio?

Rick Salas
    Participant

I just saw your second answer while I was writing my response. I’m bookmarking that site now. Have a great day and many blessings !

Rick

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

Choose your own style – Bill Myers has been on the web since dinosaur times so he’ll be drawn to text.

Sean mixes text & audio.

I mix text and video.

Those who like your style will stay with you, those who don’t will move on.

Rick Salas
    Participant

Yes, I agree, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I guess I just wanted some support that I wasn’t just making some kind of major error here. Thanks!

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

No worries – there are lots of “correct” ways of doing things in internet marketing 🙂

Rick Salas
    Participant

Oh, thanks Rick. I didn’t notice it was you that posted the link, thanks Rick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.