YouTube Questions

by Rick Smith
in
Comments are off for this post.

Home Page Forums Ask Anything YouTube Questions

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Smith 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Don Sturgill
    Participant

My two bits:

1. I like to include intros/outros … the title goes there
    2. Can you do that? Your site info will go on your page and in your description. A URL in the intro/outro is good, but I like clean video
    3. Definitely use keywords… everywhere you can
    4. Don’t bog your site down… always embed or link out to

Good for you, Rick!

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

1. I use a Powerpoint style so there’s a title/headline at the top of each slide.
    2. I don’t spend the time to put clickable links (but maybe should) – “cards” show up on mobile devices whereas “annotations” don’t
    3. Keywords in the tags & description (worked in naturally), yes
    4. Embed – tend not to very often even though I probably should
    5. Use long-ish descriptions including a link to my site at or near the start
    6. Often upload captions (copy & paste the words from the slides) and upload, letting YouTube figure out the timings

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don & Trevor –

Thanks for the great answers. Do you have links to your channels so I can see how you’re doing your YouTube videos? I’m also going to start reviewing Tim Schmoyer’s channel which Keye posted about awhile back.

Trevor Dumbleton
    Participant

My YouTube channel is here.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Like everything else I have going on, Rick, the cobbler’s kids have no shoes.

Here’s a link to a client’s YouTube site in progress. I did the filming and added the intro/outros. I also added the keywords and all descriptive content. More needs to be done, but that got him tied in better with Google: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8BPKO1z3x2gw3hzKoUb8Lg

Rick Smith
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Rick… here’s a link to a new site offering intros/outros: http://www.budgetvideointros.com/

Adobe Premiere Elements and Camtasia have built-in tools (which I’m still trying to figure out, but my 11 year-old is great at it).

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

Have you ever used those guys? Just curious. Their ordering process seems awfully clunky for 2017. Anyway, what I thought of this morning is that I got some title graphics that I created for my membership lessons. I can use those as a template for my daily videos, both for the intros and the outros. It would be pretty easy to add them in VideoStudio Pro (my video editing software). I don’t know if I’m gonna bother with intro and outro music for those videos. The title graphics won’t be onscreen for more than a couple of seconds. Thanks for the ideas. (I looked at that channel you linked to. That’s what gave me the idea about repurposing my title graphics.)

Don Sturgill
    Participant

They just launched, Rick. One of the owners is the guy who designed the Kindle template I use. I told them the same thing about the ordering process. They’re afraid to offend someone by trying to sell something. Go figure.

I have Adobe Premiere and Camtasia. Those are my (trying to learn) go-to tools.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Don –

Yeah… it’s pretty hard to have a site where you want to sell something and then be afraid to offend someone by selling that something.
    I have VideoStudio Pro X9. That’s my video editing tool. I found out the other day it can do screen capture. I might play around with that feature later. The editing capability is pretty good. It’s not fancy but it works well enough for what I’m doing.

Sean Mize
    Keymaster

My own 2 cents 🙂

1. Do you put titles on your videos? yes

2. Do you put clickable links to your site on your video? yes

3. Do you use keywords for your videos? yes

4. Do you embed links to your videos in your blog posts? I like to use the embed code from youtube

If you have 2 or more sites, embed on both (or more)

Sean

Rick Smith
    Participant

Sean –

Thanks. Saved to Evernote. I’m implementing those ideas now.

Rick Smith
    Participant

As I’m sure you know, I’ve been uploading one content video every weekday to YouTube. I found out today I should be setting the videos to “private” until I’ve got the description and all of that ready. So now that I have nine videos uploaded, I set about to create some descriptions, post some blog posts, include video links, and away we go. Yeah… not so much.

I found out I should have channel art (for the header), a channel description, and on and on. Some of this I kinda already knew from “Crash the Party – 120 YouTube Hacks.” But I think it was case of “you don’t know what you don’t know.” Well, I began to find out today. I also found out YouTube (the company itself) has some excellent training on these topics. So… I made all nine videos private until I can get things looking better. Looks like it will be a few more days before my YouTube videos see the light of day. 🙂

Don Sturgill
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing your work, Rick.

Rick Smith
    Participant

Thanks Don. This morning was all about learning how to create suitable YT channel art. Tonight will be about applying what I learned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this article

Comments are closed.